Tattoos?

21 Jan 2011 23:27 #1 by DaffyDick
Tattoos? was created by DaffyDick
Tattoos? Why do people get them? What’s the purpose? Do people know that it’s a fad today, but in 20 years, it may be taboo?

It’s not like bell bottom jeans or mini skirts. Tattoos are permanent. What are people going to do when they are no longer in style?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jan 2011 23:52 #2 by Local_Historian
Replied by Local_Historian on topic Tattoos?
Tattoos are also cyclical. Perhaps they will go out of style, perhaps they will become a norm.

I've heard all kinds of reasons why people get ink - a personal memorial, a personal victory commenorated, because they think it looks cool, because they get off on the pain of it.

For a fad, it's been growing - even grandmas are getting them, housewives, etc. I'm going to say it's a lot more mainstream than fad anymore.

22 Jan 2011 00:01 #3 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Tattoos?
things that are taboo may become mainstream, but rarely does something accepted/mainstream become taboo. I think tattoos are here to stay, too many have them, and like them, for it to suddenly become taboo. It's not for me, but I don't have a problem with one, or a few on anyone else....just can't even get my mind around those who have their whole body done.......pain has never been something I would go out and pay money for.

22 Jan 2011 06:56 #4 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic Tattoos?
Smoking, once universal, is now taboo. Personally I could understand one or two vibrant tattoos, but the people who pay to cover themselves with bad tattoos is beyond me. Boredom & masochism?

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Jan 2011 07:09 #5 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Tattoos?
Western women who get tattoos love to claim it is an individual statement. The truth is they are nothing but

Bah bah bah!!!!!!

Also 9 out of 10 with the mass tattoo thing were severely beaten with the ugly stick and so all the ink does is act like a neon sign

literally :lol:

22 Jan 2011 08:08 #6 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Tattoos?
I know this will start controversy but I am going to put it out there anyway. It is IMO either part of the Anti-God movement or done totally unaware of God's word.

God put us here and expects us to come back to him the same as we were born, without Tattoos or piercings. We are according to Old Testament, to be buried in a simple shroud and a plain simple box or casket. Lavish funerals and Caskets are actually against his wishes.

22 Jan 2011 08:48 #7 by Photo-fish
Replied by Photo-fish on topic Tattoos?
Same with piercings.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 Jan 2011 08:57 #8 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic Tattoos?
I told my kids that if they ever come home with a tattoo, I'm taking it off with a potato peeler.

They won't even use the temporary tattoos some boneheads give out at Halloween.

Bodies are perfect the way God made 'em. They need no enhancement, only proper care and maintenance.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

22 Jan 2011 11:30 #9 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Tattoos?
:yeahthat:

22 Jan 2011 11:34 #10 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Tattoos?
I've been searching my thoughts and experiences to determine why I have no use for tattoos. My reaction to seeing them during sporting events is revolting. I still do not know why I have such a strong negative reaction.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds