Tattoos?

23 Jan 2011 11:26 #31 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic Tattoos?

major bean wrote: Surely we must not pass judgement. Heaven forbid! The "don't pass judgement" montra has produced a culture that now has no shame or sense of decency.

I say, "PASS JUDGEMENT WITH A VENGENCE!". Call a thief a thief; a bastard a bastard; a crook a crook; a tramp a tramp; a piece of trash a piece of trash.

And your evidence that someone with a tattoo is a piece of trash? There aren't any law-abiding, tax-paying, hard-working average individuals who have tattoos? Feel free to make a judgment as long as it fits reality; just because you don't like tattoos doesn't mean that someone with them is worthless garbage.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Jan 2011 11:29 #32 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Tattoos?

Baileyboy wrote:

LopingAlong wrote: I don't care for tattoos on either gender, but it's everyone's right to express themselves as they see fit.

So you are an advocate on indulging the whims of apotemnophilia? After all it is their self expression.

I never said that, did I? I said that it everyone's right to express themselves as they see fit. I should have added that it's everyone who is SANE to have the right to do to their own bodies as they please; just don't force me to do it! :) If cutting off your own arm as a form of self-expression is then considered a SANE thing to do, then yeah, I guess I'm an advocate of that practice.

I didn't know I needed to distinguish between an insane or emotionally/neurololgically compromised person from a sane one. Sorry.

23 Jan 2011 14:12 #33 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic Tattoos?
This is the internet - never assume sanity.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

23 Jan 2011 14:38 #34 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Tattoos?
Nope. And for the record, I don't appreciate you putting words in mouth so I am not going to discuss this futher. Actually, there is no point in continuing to talk to you, so I'm done.

CG, Is there an ignore button somewhere that I'm missing?

23 Jan 2011 14:42 #35 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Tattoos?
Always comes back to the same thing with you libs. It is all acceptable if you say it is, but just point out the flaw in your rationalization and you want to whine and complain and go home because you can't defend the irrational point view you expressed. Pathetic :lol:

23 Jan 2011 14:55 #36 by Nobody that matters
Replied by Nobody that matters on topic Tattoos?

LopingAlong wrote: Nope. And for the record, I don't appreciate you putting words in mouth so I am not going to discuss this futher. Actually, there is no point in continuing to talk to you, so I'm done.

CG, Is there an ignore button somewhere that I'm missing?

Click on the profile button of one of the offender's posts, then look for "Add Foe". Click that.

Then congrats! You've declared a new enemy.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

23 Jan 2011 17:18 #37 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Tattoos?
I wrote this:

I know this will start controversy but I am going to put it out there anyway. It is IMO either part of the Anti-God movement or done totally unaware of God's word.

It says very clearly In My Opinion, it is not a condemnation of anyone. Everyone is entitled in a Free Society to any self expression they wish. I choose not to have tattoos or piercings, just as I have chosen to have faith in My God. I do not say that everyone has to believe in My God, nor that everyone has to believe in some God. That too is your choice.

I did say that I knew it would cause controversy, and that is what I have always tried to do on here. In this case I have stated my opinion, and that too is a choice that I am free to make, as are all of you.

I didn't say that everyone who has a tattoo is trash. I will admit that I am put off by excessive tattoos but I have many friends that have ink and piercings.

23 Jan 2011 17:48 #38 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Tattoos?

Science Chic wrote:

major bean wrote: Surely we must not pass judgement. Heaven forbid! The "don't pass judgement" montra has produced a culture that now has no shame or sense of decency.

I say, "PASS JUDGEMENT WITH A VENGENCE!". Call a thief a thief; a bastard a bastard; a crook a crook; a tramp a tramp; a piece of trash a piece of trash.

And your evidence that someone with a tattoo is a piece of trash? There aren't any law-abiding, tax-paying, hard-working average individuals who have tattoos? Feel free to make a judgment as long as it fits reality; just because you don't like tattoos doesn't mean that someone with them is worthless garbage.

Please consider, that with your tunnel vision you zeroed in on one expression; "piece of trash". This speaks volumes of your inward fears of the opinion of others. Why did you not attack with the argument that those with tattoos are not "thieves"? or "crooks"?

(Added for clarity:
My post was speaking of broad and general subject of being opinionated/or not. None of the expressions given by me was specific to tattoo, but rather to all things in general. Quite often people are so open-minded that their brains fall out.)

Regards,
Major Bean

23 Jan 2011 18:34 #39 by archer
Replied by archer on topic Tattoos?

major bean wrote: Quite often people are so open-minded that their brains fall out.)

And some are so closed minded that their brains never get any exercise at all.

23 Jan 2011 19:02 #40 by major bean
Replied by major bean on topic Tattoos?
Men who never form opinions are idiots and childish. Right or wrong, men should come to an opinion. It's part of manhood.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.169 seconds