What should the US do with the situation in Egypt? Poll

03 Feb 2011 11:24 #31 by Jonathan Hemlock
But recently the Muslim Brotherhood has refused to denounce the violence against Isreal, by Hamas and other Muslim groups

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Feb 2011 14:11 #32 by JMC
Have recent events changed anybodies mind?

10 Feb 2011 14:15 #33 by LadyJazzer
No... "Stay the hell out of it" was my original answer, and it still is.

10 Feb 2011 14:16 #34 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Feb 2011 14:19 #35 by RivendaleFarms
Anybody see Mubarak's speech just now? He struck me as a stubborn, delusional man - I don't think he's very grounded in reality of what's happening there.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

10 Feb 2011 14:26 #36 by Prfsnl52
My feeling is the US should support an orderly transition from Mubarak to the Egyptians choice of democratic self governance.
Creating a vacuum by Mubarak just leaving will just be Pandora's box with no control over whomever wants to try to take over.
With the military in power now, how long do you think they'll tolerate these demonstrators before using force to "calm" the populace in order to restart their economy.
How long before the military starts to like being in control?
Controlled, cooperative change for the benefit of themselves would seem to be the safest and most peacful way for the Egyptians to move forward and to keep our forces out of it.
Just my opinion!

10 Feb 2011 14:31 #37 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

10 Feb 2011 14:36 #38 by RivendaleFarms
Mubarak said he will not step down until September elections but will be transferring "some" authority to his VP. The bulk of the speech was about how much he's done for Egypt for his whole life. VP Suleiman is speaking right now about a transition and the door being open for dialogue. In the meantime, the crowd in the square was pissed off enough after Mubarak's speech that they started a march towards the palace.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

10 Feb 2011 14:40 #39 by outdoor338
Mubarak reminds me of a kid trying to dive off the high diving board for the first time..you go to the edge of the board and then go back to look at your friends at the bottom of the ladder, then you go back to the edge of the board...bounce up and down..you don't like that feeling, and down the ladder you go..Mubarak is doing the same thing! The adult kids in Egypt want to hang him for not jumping...JMTCW

10 Feb 2011 14:43 #40 by RivendaleFarms
Suleiman said in effect he is running things throughout the transition, wasn't received too well, and he asked the "young men of Egypt" to "go to your homes, go to your jobs." High levels of frustration and anger from the crowds in the square.

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds