Rape Victim, 14, Dies After Public Flogging

05 Feb 2011 20:38 #31 by major bean
I suppose that they were Hindu?
"..........village council made up of elders and Muslim clerics in the district of Shariatpur"
"........Four people, including a Muslim cleric, have been arrested in connection with Hena's death, the BBC said."

Regards,
Major Bean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

05 Feb 2011 20:52 #32 by jf1acai

I certainly would not use your posts as indicative of the beliefs of all the individuals who you might possibly represent, whoever that might be.

As I have said before, if we would discuss topics, rather than generalized personalities, we might actually have some useful discussion.

And yes, I know I am dreaming, but I am still somewhat of an optimist.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

05 Feb 2011 21:10 #33 by archer

major bean wrote: Are you serious? You digress to the discussion of English composition to mark the death by flogging of a 14 year old girl, rape victim by Muslims?
You are disgusting.

What's disgusting is you using this tragic story for your own purposes.....to bash liberals. That's how you decided to "mark" this girls death. You have taken anything that a liberal has posted in this thread and twisted it to your own purpose, it's a shameful way to take advantage of this tragedy.

05 Feb 2011 21:41 #34 by major bean

jf1acai wrote:

I certainly would not use your posts as indicative of the beliefs of all the individuals who you might possibly represent, whoever that might be.

As I have said before, if we would discuss topics, rather than generalized personalities, we might actually have some useful discussion.

And yes, I know I am dreaming, but I am still somewhat of an optimist.

Are you drunk? My post above quoted the article by AOL which was linked in the initial post of this thread. You were saying that Muslims were not indicated in this story. I was merely demonstrating to you that Muslim were indeed named as being responsible for the death of the 14 year old girl.

archer, you are totally without scruples or integrity. Bug off!

Regards,
Major Bean

05 Feb 2011 21:43 #35 by archer

major bean wrote: archer, you are totally without scruples or integrity. Bug off!

my, my....guess I hit a little too close to home.

05 Feb 2011 22:50 #36 by archer
Sheesh.....I need to take a self-imposed break from this place, it sure can bring out the worst in people, me included.

05 Feb 2011 23:23 #37 by Soulshiner
The second and third post on this thread show exactly what this thread was really about.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

09 Feb 2011 08:46 #38 by Rick
If an abortion doctor is murdered by a nut based on his religious beliefs, the story has legs for years and years. A 14 year old girl is just one of the many victims of radical Muslims and we should just let the story die and not talk about it? These horrific tragedies need to be discussed and unlike violence in movies, we should not become desensitized to to them.

This story is not about liberals or conservatives, it's about a culture that has not evolved and imo, should be treated like AIDS. Unless all civilized people decide to speak up and treat this culture as a disease, it will continue to spread. And for those of you who will squeal RACISM, I am only referring to those people who condone or do not have a problem with these types of sick actions.

I still don't understand why the feminist groups in this country don't consider these Neanderthals as enemy #1 to the suffing of women around the world.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

09 Feb 2011 09:05 #39 by outdoor338
Great post Bill, I might guess to your feminist question...if this child was a child of Jane fonda, or barbra Streisand..the feminist group would be outraged, look at their silence towards attacks on palin, bachmann...yet, they say nothing! They are so far left their heads spin round and round! :woo hoo:

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds