ANNOUNCEMENT! "NoConiferRecDistrict" CAMPAIGN LAUNCHED!

12 Feb 2011 08:59 #1 by BasketWeasel
We at NoConiferRecDistrict.ORG are today announcing our website and kicking off our campaign to DEFEAT the May 3, 2011 ballot proposal to create a Conifer Recreation District within the Conifer-285 Corridor..

DON'T BE FOOLED!! The proponents are not your friends! They will be withholding from you your mail-in ballots and, behind the scenes, they have commandeered the election machinery so that they will be able to have complete control over the election..

Visit our website: http://noconiferrecdistrict.org/ for all the documented details.

Stand up for our mountain community and for FAIR ELECTIONS!

The proponents think they can keep you from voting on election day.

Prove them wrong!! Mark this date on your calendar NOW!!

VOTE NO on Tuesday, May 3, 2011

http://NoConiferRecDistrict.ORG/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

12 Feb 2011 09:29 #2 by RenegadeCJ
Regardless of whether you are a proponent or opponent of the rec district, this post is just purely inflammatory. Nobody is going to withhold any elections or commandeer any election machinery. Give me a break.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

12 Feb 2011 09:40 - 13 Feb 2011 08:42 #3 by LadyJazzer
Then I assume you know, FOR A FACT, that I would be able to vote absentee on this proposal if I'm not going to be in town? Just asking...Because if the information on the site is true, they certainly have done an end-run around the voting process.

12 Feb 2011 10:12 #4 by Nmysys
RenegadeCJ:

It may be inflammatory in your eyes, but you should read the history on this. It has been turned down three times in the past and I hate to admit it, but for once I seem to be agreeing with LJ, and that is scary. I have talked at length with a number of people about this issue and I have to admit, the Announcement is true IMO.

12 Feb 2011 10:47 #5 by Boneyard

RenegadeCJ wrote: Regardless of whether you are a proponent or opponent of the rec district, this post is just purely inflammatory. Nobody is going to withhold any elections or commandeer any election machinery. Give me a break.

The High Timber Times had an article in last week about this election. They said anyone who has lived in the district for more than 30 days or owns property in the district and is registered to vote in Colorado can run for a Board position. All that is required is that you file a self-nomination form by February 25th. They referenced the http://www.focpr.org/ web site.

Go on that website and try to find that self-nomination form to download. There is no contact phone number for them. No physical address you can go to and get the required form. There is only an email address and a PO box. I sent them an email yesterday morning but there has been no response. If they don't respond by Monday I am calling the Jefferson County Election Board to find out how the heck I can get on the ballot. It is certain to me that they are trying to limit any "outsiders" from running for Board positions.

As far as I am concern they are already acting like the worse form of government you could ever have. I sure as heck can’t imagine giving a group like this the power of eminent domain over your and your neighbor’s property.

12 Feb 2011 10:54 #6 by LadyJazzer
I've already written to the JeffCo Elections Board about the lack of a way to vote absentee... We'll see what they have to say. It looks like it might take another lawsuit to invalidate the election.

12 Feb 2011 14:42 #7 by Grady

LadyJazzer wrote: I've already written to the JeffCo Elections Board about the lack of a way to vote absentee... We'll see what they have to say. It looks like it might take another lawsuit to invalidate the election.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Let us know what they saw and if you need more people to jump in.

13 Feb 2011 08:26 #8 by pound dog mom
Sounds all too familiar, just different wrapping - when will they give up and accept that most of us do not want a Park & Rec district. We love the mountain lifestyle. Go to Evergreen or Highlands Ranch if they want the amenities.

The doggies and me love Beaver Ranch just the way it is!

14 Feb 2011 13:43 #9 by Grady
Just thought this needed a bump

14 Feb 2011 15:47 #10 by LadyJazzer
Update:

I called the JeffCo Elections Department today. I was referred to the "Division of Local Governments". (303.866.2156). After a short wait on-hold, I was transferred to "Joe, in Elections"... I explained that with an election of such an important nature, I could not believe that a resident would not be allowed to vote absentee on it if they knew they would not be present on the day of the election. "Joe" is researching it and will call back.

I got a second number of the "Elections Director", Josh Liss; (303.271.8147). I was told that if I didn't get my question answered to my satisfaction at the first number, then call back on this number and speak to Josh.

It strikes me that if there is a sudden number of callers calling about the same situation, it might "get their attention" and make them realize that disenfranchising a bunch of voters who could be affected by the outcome is not going to go down well....

If I hear back from "Joe", I'll post the result.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds