FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack

16 Feb 2011 17:23 #11 by ScienceChic
I don't disagree that they have more information than we do, but this story is totally short on facts. If they're going to say that an attack is a 100% possibility, then they need to enlighten the public better - when, where, how? Stories like this should either be a direct warning so as to modify people's behaviors (ie, get out of town if yours is the one targeted), or it should be a run-down of what they've done, with hard evidence showing their actions, and that the money we're paying them is well spent. Just a vague, "We'll be attacked someday..." isn't good enough. At least, not for me; I'm a skeptic.

I also am having a hard time reconciling your opinion that the government is run by corrupt idiots, with the biggest idiot in charge, while applauding them for the work they do. It's illogical and contradictory and short-circuits my neuronal pathways. Stop that! :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2011 17:28 #12 by outdoor338
I agree with you SC, but why tell us anything about an attack, I think the gov knows more then its telling. Maybe more attacks are planned and they can't reveal what the CIA or FBI is doing or how they are getting info. Is it possible that they can't say anything because the plans are coming together for an attack and more info is needed for who, where, when and why, before they do anything?

16 Feb 2011 17:37 #13 by major bean
This is news report, not a white paper. The reporter filtered the information and presented it to create interest, not proof. If Dr. Vahid Majidi were to present a white paper then the required evidence to support his claim of 100% probability would be given.
Come on SC you should have realized that the source could not give an article which would put its readers to sleep.

Regards,
Major Bean

16 Feb 2011 17:40 #14 by Nmysys
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! Snore!!!! Snore!!!!

:woo hoo:

16 Feb 2011 17:42 #15 by Photo-fish

Science Chic wrote: In every other case so far, the reports of foreign terrorists obtaining WMD have turned out to be unfounded."

Yes that was a very convenient part of the full quote to leave out wasn't it.

OF COURSE the probability "at some point" is 100%. It could be from foreign OR Domestic attack. It could be a small Chlorine attack like in Tokyo. It could be a complete comprimise of a large metro water system. But it probably WON'T be from something that was smuggled into the country. We have plenty of nasty stuff right here inside our borders that would do the job and enough crazies already here to do it (domestic & foreign). If only Roger Bergendorff could say why vials of deadly ricin, guns and a copy of the "The Anarchist Cookbook" were found in his Las Vegas motel room. When the "lone wolf" nut case does pull the trigger or push the button or make the call, I hope we are smart enough to know where, exactly, the source was rather then immediately place blame on the usual suspects.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

16 Feb 2011 17:52 #16 by Nmysys
SC:

Remember this. Whoever it is, foreign or domestic, they only have to succeed once!

16 Feb 2011 17:55 #17 by ScienceChic
Outdoor, have you cross-referenced this story with any other source? They certainly aren't obligated to tell us anything about a potential attack that would jeopardize their surveillance and investigation, but a story on the internet should have some purpose and I wonder what this one's is. I don't just read a story and accept it, I question why it was put out there and what it means for the bigger picture.

mb, if the readers are being put to sleep, and can't handle a more serious in-depth article with evidence, then it's their own fault for being stupid, unquestioning sheep. Maybe we wouldn't be in the dire straights we're in if more people stayed awake and asked questions. Not saying this about anyone in particular here (well, except maybe Nmysys, who seems to fall asleep at everything, and especially even quicker, if it comes from me!) :wink: , just a general observation about the public.

Nmysys - one dirty bomb, or one poisoned food source, will not take down this entire country. AGW, on the other hand, affects the whole globe, and will for millenia to come. Jus' sayin'...

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Feb 2011 17:56 #18 by pineinthegrass
Anybody see this video? I do find it interesting how difficult it seems to get an answer about possible WMDs smuggled into the US. Considering how long it took for the news team to get a response, the government does not seem very forthcoming. To save time, you can start at the 1 min mark.

[youtube:1rpa6fse]
[/youtube:1rpa6fse]

16 Feb 2011 18:00 #19 by V_A
Outdoor did you know the good Dr. is a Muslim :rofl

outdoor338 wrote: The probability that the U.S. will be hit with a weapons of mass destruction attack at some point is 100 percent, Dr. Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, tells Newsmax.

Such an attack could be launched by foreign terrorists, lone wolves who are terrorists, or even by criminal elements, Majidi says. It would most likely employ chemical, biological, or radiological weapons rather than a nuclear device.

As it is, Majidi says, American intelligence picks up hundreds of reports each year of foreign terrorists obtaining WMD. When American forces invaded Afghanistan, they found that al-Qaida was working on what Majidi calls a “nascent” weapons of mass destruction effort involving chemical and biological weapons.

http://patriotupdate.com/3166/fbi-100-p ... wmd-attack

16 Feb 2011 18:02 #20 by daisypusher
SC - read this: One Second After by William R. Forstchen. The Jeffco Lib has it and it is an easy read. It about the aftermath of a terrorist EMP attack on the US. The story takes place NC. This may give a perspective on what is possible in the short term.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds