FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack

16 Feb 2011 16:18 #1 by outdoor338
The probability that the U.S. will be hit with a weapons of mass destruction attack at some point is 100 percent, Dr. Vahid Majidi, the FBI’s assistant director in charge of the FBI’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate, tells Newsmax.

Such an attack could be launched by foreign terrorists, lone wolves who are terrorists, or even by criminal elements, Majidi says. It would most likely employ chemical, biological, or radiological weapons rather than a nuclear device.

As it is, Majidi says, American intelligence picks up hundreds of reports each year of foreign terrorists obtaining WMD. When American forces invaded Afghanistan, they found that al-Qaida was working on what Majidi calls a “nascent” weapons of mass destruction effort involving chemical and biological weapons.

http://patriotupdate.com/3166/fbi-100-p ... wmd-attack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2011 16:24 #2 by Nmysys
Wait for it!!!! You can hear the Surprise in my Voice!!!!!!!

Who knew?

The Liberals will shun this because it is from a Right-Wing-Conspiracy Website. Will they ever learn? After the fact, if they survive!

16 Feb 2011 16:26 #3 by ScienceChic
Of course he's going to say that - he wants to scare you and make sure you continue to support funding for his group!

It's a 100% chance that you'll die someday too - quick, hide!

"As it is, Majidi says, American intelligence picks up hundreds of reports each year of foreign terrorists obtaining WMD. In every other case so far, the reports of foreign terrorists obtaining WMD have turned out to be unfounded." - Well, that sounds like a huge threat...

"However, Majidi’s directorate within the FBI investigates more than a dozen cases in the U.S. each year where there was intent to use WMD." Intent and capability? All of a sudden, they're so good at catching them before they can complete their nefarious plans? rofllol

This is ridiculous storytelling - no facts, no arrests, no concrete evidence, just scare tactics. Is the FBI trying to justify its budget for the Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate all of a sudden?

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Feb 2011 16:37 #4 by outdoor338
so, who is the FBI under, which president? Just wondering...

16 Feb 2011 16:37 #5 by Nmysys
You can be a naysayer all you like SC. One of these days you may be lucky enough to wake up and find out that there are a lot of people in this world who wish to do you harm and/or kill you. Having been spoiled by life in the USA doesn't serve to protect you when it is needed.

You and the other Liberals on here can always find something written somewhere to give you a false sense of security about life in this big bad crazy world we live in, especially since you can't even see what your government is doing to you. Do you think they are protecting you?

16 Feb 2011 16:51 - 16 Feb 2011 16:59 #6 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack
Gosh I wish I could tell you about my friend, a retired plant pathologist professor from a prestigious university out east. He is frequently called to the pentagon to discuss this very threat. It's not a joke folks. It's real and it will happen.

16 Feb 2011 16:52 #7 by HEARTLESS
First look up the definition of WMD, then consider that a toxin in a public water supply or food supply or the recirculated air of buildings and aircraft, an aircraft flown into a stadium of people, a semi truck with flamables driven into a crowded area, all fit the definition. To discount a WMD attach on our soil is foolish and shows the limited thinking of what a WMD is.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

16 Feb 2011 17:09 #8 by ScienceChic
Outdoor - I blame them all, D and R alike, for the last 40 years who have allowed the culture of fear to take over and justify the increasing money and power to bleed into the DoD. A perpetual war state is not a healthy way for any country to function. If our foreign policy for the last several decades had been conducted with integrity, insight, and wisdom, instead of short-term, short-sighted, self-interest, we wouldn't have so many enemies. And our economy would be in a whole lot better shape.

Nmysys, I wish I had a false sense of security - I could go stick my head in the sand, get tanned, and shut up about global warming. There are nights after I've spent a day educating myself more about the science that I lie awake worrying about the world my children will have to struggle in. I know full well what Republicans and Democrats alike are doing, watching their inaction, pandering to corporate interests who've bought them off, and ignoring sound science and policy, to the detriment of our health, our land, our air, and our water (and it's why I changed my party affiliation from R to D 15 years ago and D to Independent a year and a half ago - the lack of true leadership and adherence to their constituents is stunning to me). They have absolutely no desire to protect us, only suck up more power and money. Perhaps they do see the writing on the wall, realize it's a damn near hopeless situation, and they are just going to make sure their own are preserved and sheltered. But it's surely not us liberals who believe in our government, we just see the injustices differently than you do. I, in particular, look more long-term and seethe at the lies and deliberate distractions from the real problems. And an attack from a terrorist is, frankly, small beans compared to what we will be facing, and I prefer to prioritize what I deal with from most important to least. Terrorists fall somewhere in the middle.

But neither of you addressed my issue that this article has absolutely no documented facts to back up the claims that this one department is supposedly doing so much to protect us. Do you think it's a well-written article, balanced and accurate? Portraying every side, as you are often bragging that Fox News does? Or did Outdoor just post it to reiterate, yet again, his belief that we are in so much danger from those scary terrorists and Thank God for our government looking out for us!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Feb 2011 17:13 #9 by outdoor338
SC, I think they have all the facts, why in the world would they tell us? Lots goes on behind closed doors...maybe that's good and maybe that's bad! I believe this will happen, I have no clue when, but many are in the know..except us..imho

16 Feb 2011 17:15 #10 by Nmysys

And an attack from a terrorist is, frankly, small beans compared to what we will be facing,

There is no future to worry about long term, if you aren't constantly on the alert for the short term.

Small beans to you in your scientific world, doesn't at all, make me concerned for your priorities. I will stick to mine.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds