FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack

16 Feb 2011 18:21 #21 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic FBI: 100 Percent Chance of WMD Attack

If they're going to say that an attack is a 100% possibility, then they need to enlighten the public better - when, where, how

Anyone who thinks the government is going to publish what they know to enlighten the public is suffering from a serious case of Rectal Cranial Inversion. This disease (otherwise known as Head Up Your Own Ass Syndrome) affects the lives of many. Apparently.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 Feb 2011 18:33 #22 by Photo-fish

They appear to be republicans.
Must be feeding time.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

16 Feb 2011 18:51 #23 by outdoor338
sure did X-P, even more reason to think about WMD's...seems like you don't care, but, I figure to each his own...

16 Feb 2011 19:56 #24 by navycpo7
First off, this is nothing new, no big news, not something to say OH SH*& about. The United States has been a target for a long time. Only those with thier heads in the sand, regardless of your political party does not understand this. The Military has trained for this for a long time. We go about our day. If there was an EMP attack, there is alot of variables involved in that type of attack. It also depends if it is and EMP or an HEMP attack. What the delivery vehicle is etc. It is widely understood that if one of these type of attacks were to happen it would via a nuclear detonation. Does not have to be though.

SC I do agree with you, it is going to take a more than a dirty bomb, or a posioned food source to take out this country. By what I read here some of you think "Damnit, now I have to change my lifestyle because of this". You do that. The rest of us will continue on with life, knowing that it is what it is. Nothing more. I know the possiblity exist, I know it can happen, and I have planned accordingly long time ago. Update things as needed, but I am not going to panic, or jump up and down or get stupid because of something that has been know for a long time.

16 Feb 2011 22:10 #25 by Blazer Bob

Science Chic wrote: Of course he's going to say that - he wants to scare you and make sure you continue to support funding for his group!

Is the FBI trying to justify its budget for the Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate all of a sudden?

All of a sudden? Nah, that is part of every bureaucracies shadow mission statement.

16 Feb 2011 22:18 #26 by Blazer Bob
I agree with much of what you say, although ether your historical time sense (last 40 years) or your knowledge of the cold war seem a little light to me.

Science Chic wrote: Outdoor - I blame them all, D and R alike, for the last 40 years who have allowed the culture of fear to take over and justify the increasing money and power to bleed into the DoD. A perpetual war state is not a healthy way for any country to function. If our foreign policy for the last several decades had been conducted with integrity, insight, and wisdom, instead of short-term, short-sighted, self-interest, we wouldn't have so many enemies. And our economy would be in a whole lot better shape.

Nmysys, I wish I had a false sense of security - I could go stick my head in the sand, get tanned, and shut up about global warming. There are nights after I've spent a day educating myself more about the science that I lie awake worrying about the world my children will have to struggle in. I know full well what Republicans and Democrats alike are doing, watching their inaction, pandering to corporate interests who've bought them off, and ignoring sound science and policy, to the detriment of our health, our land, our air, and our water (and it's why I changed my party affiliation from R to D 15 years ago and D to Independent a year and a half ago - the lack of true leadership and adherence to their constituents is stunning to me). They have absolutely no desire to protect us, only suck up more power and money. Perhaps they do see the writing on the wall, realize it's a damn near hopeless situation, and they are just going to make sure their own are preserved and sheltered. But it's surely not us liberals who believe in our government, we just see the injustices differently than you do. I, in particular, look more long-term and seethe at the lies and deliberate distractions from the real problems. And an attack from a terrorist is, frankly, small beans compared to what we will be facing, and I prefer to prioritize what I deal with from most important to least. Terrorists fall somewhere in the middle.

But neither of you addressed my issue that this article has absolutely no documented facts to back up the claims that this one department is supposedly doing so much to protect us. Do you think it's a well-written article, balanced and accurate? Portraying every side, as you are often bragging that Fox News does? Or did Outdoor just post it to reiterate, yet again, his belief that we are in so much danger from those scary terrorists and Thank God for our government looking out for us!

17 Feb 2011 03:44 #27 by 2wlady
One reason we end up in wars is that we are not prepared, or, the public is not prepared for the possibility.

After every war the US reduces its forces and materiel so much that when the next crisis comes along, we aren't ready. Our troops tend to be undertrained, our support structure isn't much support, our commanders are not the best. After WWI, WWI, Korea, we scaled back. Yes, even Korea in the Cold War.

As to WMDs, what can we do? Live in paralyzing fear for the rest of our lives? Only those with severe mental disease do that. So telling us that a WMD attack is a 100% possibility doesn't do us much good.

We have this thing called Homeland Security that was set up by the patriot act to grab more of our liberties. The agencies under the aegis of Homeland Security have the typical infighting that has plagued gov. and military since the beginning of their existances. So, I don't have much faith in them.

18 Feb 2011 11:02 #28 by ScienceChic
Some more info/another perspective for digestion (in an effort to respond to constructive criticism that I edit my posts more, [thank you NC!] I will provide links only, rather than quoting a bunch of text). Thoughts on these articles?

http://www.alternet.org/news/149107/isl ... ups?page=1
Islamic 'Pipeline to Extremism' Turns Out to Be Mostly FBI Set-Ups
The railroading of suspects into the justice system is reminiscent of tactics used by the FBI and prosecutors during the era of McCarthyism and COINTELPRO.
December 7, 2010

I liked the last paragraph on page three about "changing directions."

http://www.alternet.org/news/149307/sci ... -mongering
Scientists Debunk Some Terrorism Fear-Mongering
"If the government...changes their investment strategy to put walls around the substations that have the least amount of flow, it would be a massive waste of resources.”
December 28, 2010

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds