4 American hostages killed by pirates, US says

22 Feb 2011 09:14 #1 by jf1acai

NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) - Four Americans taken hostage by Somali pirates off East Africa were shot and killed by their captors Monday, the U.S. military said, marking the first time U.S. citizens have been killed in a wave of pirate attacks plaguing the Gulf of Aden and the Indian Ocean for years. U.S. naval forces, who were trailing the Americans' captured yacht with four warships, quickly boarded the vessel after hearing the gunfire and tried to provide lifesaving care to the Americans, but they died of their wounds, the U.S. Central Command said in a statement.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/18276 ... s-US-says-

Diplomacy worked real well, didn't it?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2011 09:20 #2 by Mayhem
They, the navy, were able to get to the boat but unable to kill any of obamas cousins. It doesn't pass the giggle test. Doesn't it make you feel good to know who is in charge of this country's security. :thumbsup:

22 Feb 2011 09:20 #3 by BearMtnHIB
I hope the Navy made sure that the pirates didn't make it either.

22 Feb 2011 09:22 #4 by Martin Ent Inc
They were taken in to custody.

Should be towed behind, in small craft, used for target practice.

22 Feb 2011 09:23 #5 by lionshead2010
Now we can bring them to the U.S., try them in the U.S. courts and turn the whole thing into a media circus. Sounds like a plan to me.

Nothing here to see folks but more peaceful muslims spreading brotherly love. Can't you feel the love?

A note to mariners-the waters off the coast of and near to Somalia are infested with peace loving Somali pirates. DO NOT, I SAY AGAIN, DO NOT sail in these waters or you may be captured, tortured and summarily executed.

22 Feb 2011 09:29 #6 by Mayhem

lionshead2010 wrote: Now we can bring them to the U.S., try them in the U.S. courts and turn the whole thing into a media circus. Sounds like a plan to me.

Nothing here to see folks but more peaceful muslims spreading brotherly love. Can't you feel the love?

A note to mariners-the waters off the coast of and near to Somalia are infested with peace loving Somali pirates. DO NOT, I SAY AGAIN, DO NOT sail in these waters or you may be captured, tortured and summarily executed.

While their cousin looks out for their best interests over here. Be sure to thank a lib today.

22 Feb 2011 10:50 #7 by FredHayek
The yacht people? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!
They never should have been near Somalia in the first place.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Feb 2011 11:49 #8 by Photo-fish
They would be safer hitchhiking across Mexico.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

22 Feb 2011 12:59 #9 by Pony Soldier

Baileyboy wrote: They, the navy, were able to get to the boat but unable to kill any of obamas cousins. It doesn't pass the giggle test. Doesn't it make you feel good to know who is in charge of this country's security. :thumbsup:

You spend every day trying to outdo yourself from the day before, don't you asshole.

22 Feb 2011 13:11 #10 by Photo-fish
And he manages to do it with less facts each time.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds