Tea Baggers are stocking up on incandesant bulbs now....?

22 Feb 2011 12:58 - 22 Feb 2011 13:39 #1 by UNDER MODERATION
lol

They are fighting for their rights to throw away money now....Whats next?

Unreal

I think Obama needs to start using reverse phsychology on these mental midgets. They automaticly reject anything his administration comes up with.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Feb 2011 13:02 #2 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Tea Baggers are stocking up on incandesant bulbs now....?
I remember when they outlawed ozone depleteing freon for vehicles air conditioning systems. A car geek I know told me was was releasing some of his leftover freon into the atmoshpere in protest, and that he even started burning his old tires now.

lol I'm serious, thats a true story

He really showed them!

22 Feb 2011 13:06 #3 by Pony Soldier
WOW - He was stupid. That stuff is worth a small fortune now.

22 Feb 2011 13:24 #4 by UNDER MODERATION
Replied by UNDER MODERATION on topic Tea Baggers are stocking up on incandesant bulbs now....?

towermonkey wrote: WOW - He was stupid. That stuff is worth a small fortune now.

I might start selling black market incandesant bulbs at Tea Bag rallies soon...

ME: "Psssst, hey Nymisis........... $25 for a hundred watter. These are the real deal man, 100% incandesant and officially banned by Obama now"
NYMISIS: "I'll take me four"...
ME: "that'll be a hundred bucks, and be sure to tell all your friends because the prices are going up tommarow"
NYMISIS: "They are! In that case I'll take 8 more"
ME: "You got it, that'll be an even $600 then, thanks."
NYMISIS: "600? Sounds good to me, thanks"

22 Feb 2011 13:39 #5 by Martin Ent Inc
Guess it's 5 O'clock somewhere.

22 Feb 2011 13:44 #6 by FredHayek
VL,
You don't have a problem with the goverment telling you which bulbs you can or can't buy? Especially when a incandescent works better in certain places than the CFL and is safer to dispose of into the enviroment?
I won't replace a working incandescent with a CFL and I still prefer the old school quick starting light bulbs in certain locations.

But I suppose in your mind if Congress passes a bill restricting your freedom, you will sign on to it, no matter what.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

22 Feb 2011 13:44 #7 by UNDER MODERATION

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Guess it's 5 O'clock somewhere.

5:44 am

22 Feb 2011 13:51 #8 by UNDER MODERATION

SS109 wrote: VL,
You don't have a problem with the goverment telling you which bulbs you can or can't buy?

Not too much..But I really don't think it's about freedom as much as it is about progress. After we discovered electricity i'm sure there were some hold outs using oil lamps for 25 years until someone dragged them kicking and screaming into the 20th century, and I don't feel that my freedoms are threatened by the government regulating out some energy ineffeciancies in the light bulb business. After thinking about it a little more I could change my stance on this, but I doubt it

22 Feb 2011 14:35 #9 by cydl
You know, I think we may have two incandescent bulbs in our house - amost all are CFLs. I like them better in terms of lighting and value. The mercury content is a concern. We dispose of ours in hazardous waste as indicated, but who knows 20 yrs. down the road.

But I do have an issue with the gov't banning incandescent bulbs. Just seems like overreach to me. I do think that there has to be some regulation of industry (finance leaps to mind!) or the robber barons will take all of us peons to the cleaners. But light bulbs????!!!!! WTF???!!!

22 Feb 2011 14:55 #10 by UNDER MODERATION

cydl wrote: You know, I think we may have two incandescent bulbs in our house - amost all are CFLs. I like them better in terms of lighting and value. The mercury content is a concern. We dispose of ours in hazardous waste as indicated, but who knows 20 yrs. down the road.

But I do have an issue with the gov't banning incandescent bulbs. Just seems like overreach to me. I do think that there has to be some regulation of industry (finance leaps to mind!) or the robber barons will take all of us peons to the cleaners. But light bulbs????!!!!! WTF???!!!

I think the mercury content is a 1000 times less than whats in a thermometer #1, and #2) You could be right on #2. But it might take 20 years for "some Americans" to wise up and start buying the more effeciant bulbs on thier own..This hastens the changeover, saves energy and it will be a complete non issue in a year or two.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds