So is this our new government?

23 Feb 2011 12:14 #11 by HEARTLESS
I thought Lincoln was valued for things other than not doing something. Difference in perspective I guess.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2011 12:20 #12 by Something the Dog Said
Actually leaving to prevent a quorum has its roots dating back to the ratification of the Constitution. One recent episode was in 1988 when Republicans tried to flee the US Capitol to prevent a quorum. Plainclothes officers actually arrested and carried Republican Senator Packwood into the Capitol. Arrest warrants were issued for the 46 Republican senators who were hiding out to prevent a vote on legislation from occurring. I guess you consider them cowards as well.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

23 Feb 2011 12:28 #13 by The Viking

Something the Dog Said wrote: Actually leaving to prevent a quorum has its roots dating back to the ratification of the Constitution. One recent episode was in 1988 when Republicans tried to flee the US Capitol to prevent a quorum. Plainclothes officers actually arrested and carried Republican Senator Packwood into the Capitol. Arrest warrants were issued for the 46 Republican senators who were hiding out to prevent a vote on legislation from occurring. I guess you consider them cowards as well.

Yes I do. (32 years ago) And why aren't they arresting the Dems who are shutting down the states right NOW?

23 Feb 2011 12:29 #14 by Something the Dog Said

The Viking wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: Actually leaving to prevent a quorum has its roots dating back to the ratification of the Constitution. One recent episode was in 1988 when Republicans tried to flee the US Capitol to prevent a quorum. Plainclothes officers actually arrested and carried Republican Senator Packwood into the Capitol. Arrest warrants were issued for the 46 Republican senators who were hiding out to prevent a vote on legislation from occurring. I guess you consider them cowards as well.

Yes I do. (32 years ago) And why aren't they arresting the Dems who are shutting down the states right NOW?

Because they have no authority outside of Wisconsin to do so.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

23 Feb 2011 12:39 #15 by The Viking

Something the Dog Said wrote:

The Viking wrote:

Because they have no authority outside of Wisconsin to do so.

They just had a story that they might not come back for weeks. They are willing to shut down all voting and the State Government and not give a budget just so they can fight for their unions against what the majority of the state wants. They need to put an ammendment in the Constitution that says that if any member of Congress walks out on his elected duties for X amount of days that he is to be fired. And they are to be docked pay for every day they walk out in protest. No other job in America can you do that and still go back to work whenever you please.

23 Feb 2011 12:41 #16 by Martin Ent Inc

23 Feb 2011 12:45 #17 by HEARTLESS
Most all of the private sector has what is termed job abandonment, reasonable grounds for termination. Needs to happen to the public sector as well.

23 Feb 2011 12:47 #18 by The Viking
Yeah kinda like this one.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... -necessary

Democrat urges unions to 'get a little bloody when necessary'

Sometimes it's necessary to get out on the streets and "get a little bloody," a Massachusetts Democrat said Tuesday in reference to labor battles in Wisconsin.

Political observers have been the lookout for potentially incendiary rhetoric in the wake of January's shooting in Tucson, Ariz., where Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D) survived an assassination attempt, six were killed, and 12 others were injured.

23 Feb 2011 12:49 #19 by HEARTLESS
So much for toning down the political rhetoric.

23 Feb 2011 12:50 #20 by major bean

Martin Ent Inc wrote: Found this rather shocking:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/23/u ... cial-says/

This man should and must lose his job.

Regards,
Major Bean

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds