So is this our new government?

23 Feb 2011 12:50 #21 by The Viking

HEARTLESS wrote: Most all of the private sector has what is termed job abandonment, reasonable grounds for termination. Needs to happen to the public sector as well.

Yeah the Dems always scream for equality in America. How about making equal rules and standards for the government and private sectors as far as jobs go? Same with teachers getting special rights and privilages and protections compared to non union jobs and about 95% of the rest of Americans. But they dont seem to care about THAT inequality. Only when it fits their goal for trying to round up votes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2011 14:30 #22 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic So is this our new government?
I say let them run away, and when it's election time, that would make a beautiful commercial of those fools hiding out in some hotel room like school kids ditching class and getting wasted.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Feb 2011 14:54 #23 by Something the Dog Said

CriticalBill wrote: I say let them run away, and when it's election time, that would make a beautiful commercial of those fools hiding out in some hotel room like school kids ditching class and getting wasted.

Except that a vast majority of Americans agree with the Wisconsin Democrats.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

23 Feb 2011 15:01 #24 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic So is this our new government?

Something the Dog Said wrote:

CriticalBill wrote: I say let them run away, and when it's election time, that would make a beautiful commercial of those fools hiding out in some hotel room like school kids ditching class and getting wasted.

Really? Is this a new poll I haven't seen?

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

23 Feb 2011 15:02 #25 by HEARTLESS
He asked himself and several other voices in his head.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

23 Feb 2011 15:11 #26 by The Viking

CriticalBill wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote:

Really? Is this a new poll I haven't seen?

rofllol And you won't see it because it is the opposite of the truth. Apparently 38% is the 'vast majority' in the Dems eyes.

Again.....

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... ith_unions

48% Back GOP Governor in Wisconsin Spat, 38% Side With Unions

23 Feb 2011 15:13 #27 by The Viking

HEARTLESS wrote: He asked himself and several other voices in his head.

rofllol :lol:

23 Feb 2011 15:16 #28 by Something the Dog Said
You really should try sources other than the right wing blogs.

The poll found that 61 percent would oppose a law in their state similar to the proposal currently sparking mass protests in Wisconsin, compared with 33 percent who would favor such a law.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/02/ ... EQ20110223

Must be embarrassing to always be wrong.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

23 Feb 2011 15:18 #29 by The Viking

Something the Dog Said wrote: You really should try sources other than the right wing blogs.

The poll found that 61 percent would oppose a law in their state similar to the proposal currently sparking mass protests in Wisconsin, compared with 33 percent who would favor such a law.

Rasmussen is a right wing blog? One of the most accurate pollsters over the last couple of decades? rofllol :rofl You really are not adding to your credibility.

23 Feb 2011 15:24 #30 by Something the Dog Said

The Viking wrote:

Something the Dog Said wrote: You really should try sources other than the right wing blogs.

Rasmussen is a right wing blog? One of the most accurate pollsters over the last couple of decades? rofllol :rofl You really are not adding to your credibility.

Actually Rasmussen was way off in the last election cycle. Their polling techniques tended to overstate conservative voting by 5% compared to the actual results. Gallup on the other hand has a long history of credible polling.

Further, the Ramussen poll intentionally misled those being polled into thinking the current legislation concerns the right of public workers to strike, something that is prohibited and is irrelevant to the current legislation. So yes, Rasmussen has become a Republican tool.

As Nate Silver, one of the leading commentators on polling at [url=http://www.fivethirtyeight.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;]www.fivethirtyeight.com[/url] stated:
I will say that I think Rasmssen Reports polls ought to be regarded as partisan as a default.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds