So is this our new government?

23 Feb 2011 08:26 #1 by The Viking
First Wisconsin, now Indiana Democrats have been MIA for 3 days because they don't like some of the bills and don't want to vote on them. When did this become the norm? When did elected officials who are paid by our tax dollars, start refusing to do their job? I don't remember either party just leaving the state in order not to have to vote. I serioiusly think that forcing the state governments to shut down, refusing to teach our kids, refusing to take a vote to balance a budget, is really going to come bak to bite the Dems in the next election. There are going to have ads everywhere about their irresposibility.

Always in the past the ALL voted and then the next election they point out how they voted and who they stood for. Refusing to vote and leaving the state just shows that they don't want to do the job they were voted in for. Way to back a revolution Obama. I truley believe he really is trying to destroy this country. :bash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Feb 2011 08:47 #2 by Something the Dog Said
Actually Abraham Lincoln did the same back when he was an Illinois state senator. He actually jumped out a second floor window to escape from the state capitol to avoid a quorum. So the Wisconsin and Indiana senators are merely following the precedent of one of our greatest political leaders.

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

23 Feb 2011 10:35 #3 by major bean
In Texas, a couple of years ago, the opposition party hightailed it across the border into Oklahoma in order to stall legislation. I cannot remember which party or the bill upon which they had a dispute. It was covered by the national news and, at the time, seemed to me to be quite the unconventional method to oppose the passage of a bill.

Regards,
Major Bean

23 Feb 2011 11:17 - 23 Feb 2011 11:46 #4 by The Viking

major bean wrote: In Texas, a couple of years ago, the opposition party hightailed it across the border into Oklahoma in order to stall legislation. I cannot remember which party or the bill upon which they had a dispute. It was covered by the national news and, at the time, seemed to me to be quite the unconventional method to oppose the passage of a bill.

That was Democrats too in 2003. They are so unprofessional and throw tantrums instead of acting like responsible adults that we are paying.

http://articles.cnn.com/2003-05-13/poli ... LLPOLITICS

23 Feb 2011 11:25 #5 by outdoor338
The new name for these liberal democrats that will not face the music and left the state :Crying: , I am gonna call them fleebaggers :thumbsup: :biggrin:

23 Feb 2011 11:48 #6 by The Viking

outdoor338 wrote: The new name for these liberal democrats that will not face the music and left the state :Crying: , I am gonna call them fleebaggers :thumbsup: :biggrin:

Yup. Teabaggers as they call us, stand up and fight for what Americans want and need. Fleebaggers run and hide because they are too afraid to fight for what they belive in. And what is so funny is that you will have Libs on here saying that running away is fighting and standing up for the people. Perfect example of pacifists and why they should not be in control of anything.

23 Feb 2011 12:07 #7 by Something the Dog Said
So you are calling Abraham Lincoln a coward?

"Remember to always be yourself. Unless you can be batman. Then always be batman." Unknown

23 Feb 2011 12:09 #8 by major bean
Lincoln did not leave the state. He merely left the room so that a quorum would not exist. Very big difference.

And it is nice for you to admit that Lincoln, a Republican, was one of our greatest leaders. Thanks.

Regards,
Major Bean

23 Feb 2011 12:12 #9 by Something the Dog Said
Absolutely Lincoln was a great leader, as was Theodore Roosevelt.

No difference between his actions and the current actions in Wisconsin and Indiana.

23 Feb 2011 12:14 #10 by The Viking

major bean wrote: Lincoln did not leave the state. He merely left the room so that a quorum would not exist. Very big difference.

And it is nice for you to admit that Lincoln, a Republican, was one of our greatest leaders. Thanks.

And it is so funny that they have to go back over 150 years to find one Republican who did this while he was in Senate. Too funny!! rofllol

We are talking about a pattern forming here since 2003 whenever the Dems don't get their way. And now it is spreading throughout the states. Can't wait till the next election.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds