Bush cancels visit to Denver

25 Feb 2011 21:28 #21 by navycpo7

DaffyDick wrote:

CriticalBill wrote: Assange gives me the creeps, he looks like a guy that would get busted on To Catch a Predator. Good for Bush.

And Daffy, your signature quote is a joke right? Not to get off subject, but do you really believe that quote?

Actually no.

I believe that everyone is entitled to their possessions- no matter how small or how big. That is Capitalism. We are each in charge of our destiny and responsible for our own life. We make economic decisions, we make personal decisions, we make educational decisions. Each of which determines the course of our lives.

Unfortunately, Capitalism is only available to for the top 2% of the population in America.

I do know that whatever social class you are born into, the chances of one advancing out of that social class are extremely slim. If you are born into poverty, chances are, you will live in poverty. If you were born into the middle class in the 1960’s, you are most likely up to your nipples in debt trying to keep up with the lifestyle your parents wanted you live.

I do believe, however, that there are those who wish to keep people in poverty for their own financial benefit. Corporations.

Liberals want to educate the population,

And then there are those who don’t.

They are called Conservatives.

You could not be so far from the truth. Conservatives don't want to educate the population!, how stupid can you be, there may be some but then again you can put some liberals in that same cat. They are on both sides.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Feb 2011 09:31 #22 by Rick
Replied by Rick on topic Bush cancels visit to Denver

DaffyDick wrote:

CriticalBill wrote: Assange gives me the creeps, he looks like a guy that would get busted on To Catch a Predator. Good for Bush.

And Daffy, your signature quote is a joke right? Not to get off subject, but do you really believe that quote?

Actually no.

I believe that everyone is entitled to their possessions- no matter how small or how big. That is Capitalism. We are each in charge of our destiny and responsible for our own life. We make economic decisions, we make personal decisions, we make educational decisions. Each of which determines the course of our lives.

Unfortunately, Capitalism is only available to for the top 2% of the population in America.

I do know that whatever social class you are born into, the chances of one advancing out of that social class are extremely slim. If you are born into poverty, chances are, you will live in poverty. If you were born into the middle class in the 1960’s, you are most likely up to your nipples in debt trying to keep up with the lifestyle your parents wanted you live.

I do believe, however, that there are those who wish to keep people in poverty for their own financial benefit. Corporations.

So why the signature saying conservatives feel they deserve everything they've stolen? I'm a conservative and I've EARNED, not stolen everything I own.

And to say that capitalism only works for the top 2% is bullsh**. I started with nothing but a job as a busboy and worked many jobs along the way until I was able to start my own business. I started out in the bottom 5%. It was capitalism, not the government that got me where I am today.

Sorry for the thread highjack...I'm done now.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

26 Feb 2011 21:52 #23 by DaffyDick

navycpo7 wrote:

DaffyDick wrote:

Actually no.

You could not be so far from the truth. Conservatives don't want to educate the population!, how stupid can you be, there may be some but then again you can put some liberals in that same cat. They are on both sides.

How dare you call me stupid. I was in the Navy in Viet Nam on a ship and I know what the enlisted men thought about their CPO's, and it was not good. CPOs were know as lifers because they were insecure about a life without the Navy.

I got out of the Navy and got an education. I always did think that the higher ones educational level, the more liberal they become.

I guess as a CPO you never had that opportunity. Thanks for you service to America, but don’t ever call my comments as stupid.

27 Feb 2011 09:24 #24 by major bean

DaffyDick wrote: Unfortunately, Capitalism is only available to for the top 2% of the population in America.

DD, you are wrong. If a person really wants out of the social class in which they were born, then the chances of moving upward economically and socially in the U.S. are very great. But a person must really want it. It must be #1 on the list of priorities in your life. A person most probably will not make it to the top 2% but he/she will definitely make great leaps upward.

It is not easy. Advancement must be more important than love, recreation, goof off time, cars, clothes, location, entertainment, etc., etc. This is the only country in the world where this can be done. You are given, free, the tools with which to accomplishe this by our government.

If a person finds that he has not advanced far enough into a social class that would make him happy, then he/she must devote himself to making that goal possible for his offspring, providing them with the best education, and then assuring them of the finances for a higher education. Plus giving them the character traits that would make them successful.

But if a person wants to haphazzardly float through life and expect luck and easy attainment of fame and fortune, then he will then blame our system for his failure instead of looking at his own choices in life which caused his failure.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Feb 2011 11:21 #25 by Pony Soldier
I think class mobility used to be easier than it is now. Now, in order to attend a school to attain the degree that can propel you to a higher paying job, you go into a huge amount of debt. Yes, there are some programs and scholarships that can help with this, but they are not available to everyone.

27 Feb 2011 11:38 #26 by major bean
towermonkey, maybe I did not explain myself clearly. If you want it badly enough you can advance. A huge amount of debt would be no obstacle if the reward is worth it to you.

And these programs and scholarships are available to everyone. But they must want it, really want it. A child enters our free shools and if he/she applies herself from "day one" their higher education will be paid. But if a chid does not have their eye on the "prize" they will receive the rewards of their sloth. They will have no skills and will remain in the class in which they were born or maybe slip a class or two.

But if they are not driven, they can do nothing. Cinderella stories are fairie tales and fantasy. Believing that you can be average and attain greatness, wealth, or fame is fantasy.

Regards,
Major Bean

27 Feb 2011 15:05 #27 by Pony Soldier
No its not, it called Lotto. MB, I think you are deliberately misreading my post. I think we are largely in agreement.

27 Feb 2011 15:07 #28 by Soulshiner
You realize that schools aren't really free, right?

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

27 Feb 2011 15:33 #29 by Martin Ent Inc
A degree does not mean a high paying job or millionare maker.

It certainly doesn't hurt to be gainfully employed, but half of all millionaires are self-employed or own a business. It does help to have a college degree, as about 80 percent are college graduates, though only 18% have master's degrees

27 Feb 2011 20:01 #30 by Pony Soldier
An good understanding of business and economics is a must. These are things they don't teach in public schools, or at least they don't require these courses.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds