285 Corridor Tea Party Group Meeting 3/17/11 (Coup)

16 Mar 2011 10:06 #21 by Nmysys
YES SIR, or Yes Dear, or whatever applies.

Whatever you say. Your wish is my command!!!! Anything else Sir or Ma'am, or Ms. pr Mrs. or whatever the hell I am ordered to say according to PC today.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Mar 2011 15:51 #22 by Obam me
Looking forward to an update on tonight's meeting!

17 Mar 2011 16:23 #23 by Nmysys
I'm sure there will be one. In fact count on it. Sorry you can't attend.

18 Mar 2011 15:54 #24 by Nmysys
Having been busy all day, I was surprised to see that our unofficial minutes taker hadn't posted copious, to say the least, notes of last night's meeting. How does Trump say it? SC, You're Fired!!!! LOL

Can't fire someone who doesn't work for you!!!

We had an interesting meeting with Both Sides covered somewhat, of the Proposed Conifer Parks and Recreation District including a candidate for the proposed board, Ron McGinnis, President of the Conifer Community Park, Beaver Ranch, And Senator Ted Harvey, Candidate for Colorado State Republican Party Chairman. Good meeting, quite good attendance, especially for St. Paddy's Day.

18 Mar 2011 16:11 #25 by Grady
The other speaker on the No side of the Conifer Rec District was a Robert Baxter, who while advocating NO on the Conifer rec District is on the ballot running for one of the board positions.

One of my favorite comments of the night came from one of the "Yes" folks. Who wondered why he should have to drive all the way to Evergreen to use a rec center. :bash Why the hell is it our responsibility to provide him with a closer place to do what ever the hell he feels he needs to do in a rec center???? (stepping doen from my soap box)

18 Mar 2011 16:59 #26 by Nmysys
Now we know why we need SC to provide accurate notes.

:rofl

Kresspin:

Did you attend the meeting?

18 Mar 2011 17:11 #27 by kresspin

Grady wrote: The other speaker on the No side of the Conifer Rec District was a Robert Baxter, who while advocating NO on the Conifer rec District is on the ballot running for one of the board positions.

One of my favorite comments of the night came from one of the "Yes" folks. Who wondered why he should have to drive all the way to Evergreen to use a rec center. :bash Why the hell is it our responsibility to provide him with a closer place to do what ever the hell he feels he needs to do in a rec center???? (stepping doen from my soap box)

Exactly! The guy moves to the mountains and then bitches he has to drive somewhere to use a rec center... :rofl

18 Mar 2011 17:20 #28 by Nmysys
Actually the gentleman that did say that has been here for years.

He is a decorated veteran and a self-professed Republican, but when an issue directly affects you it can cross party lines.

Kresspin:

Watch it!!! No ROFL in regards to Tea Party Meetings, remember?

:thumbsup:

18 Mar 2011 19:02 #29 by ScienceChic
Sorry guys, I had pilates this morning and then my son got hurt at recess playing soccer (after hurting the same arm Tuesday playing football, boys will be boys) and I had to take him to the doctor to make sure it wasn't anything serious - he couldn't bend his arm for a couple of hours. All better now and here I am (briefly - dinner time soon)!

Quick highlights:
If you are interested in receiving emails about other Tea Party Group activities/events/speakers/etc, PM Grady and he'll put you on the list. All of the Colorado state Tea Party groups are organizing a rally/protest on April 15th (tax day) at the Capitol (I think, correct me if I'm wrong about that location please). More info to follow about that event.

Duke Dozier attended and quickly reminded everyone to mail their ballots back ASAP for the IREA Board election.

There were 2 speakers who were against the proposed rec district: Ron McInness and Bob Baxter, none for (except the gentleman in the audience).

Mr. McInness detailed information about Beaver Ranch Open Space Park, i.e. that it has snowshoeing, hiking, and horseback trails, cross country skiing space, the #3 nationally ranked disc golf course, and facilities for lease/rent. No taxes pay for operations, the land is community owned, and the budget for operating/maintaining it will be shrinking over the next ten years. He's assuming that the proponents of the rec district are expecting to tap into the budget allotted for parks and open spaces, and then implement taxes in order to operate it after that.

Mr. Baxter is running for an open seat on the Rec District Board of Directors in order to be a vote against taxes and urged everyone to vote for him.

Senator Ted Harvey, as Nmysys mentioned, is running for Dick Wadhams seat as CO State Republican Party Chairman. He spoke of being a conservatives conservative, discussed the problems that occurred in the last election with getting Republicans elected, and outlined his goals for getting better results in the next election (getting dedicated, hard-core Republicans elected and all 9 electoral votes going to the Republican candidate for president). He said that conservatives need to have positive messages, and better explain that they have a better plan/ideas to pull the country back from the brink of destruction because the country couldn't afford another 4 years of Obama (I thought he being was a little too melodramatic here, because this country can withstand one president's agenda, as it has for over 200 years now, especially with a Republican House to balance, but hey that's just me).

That's it for my notes, please feel free to add or correct me where I made mistakes.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Mar 2011 20:59 #30 by kresspin

Nmysys wrote: Kresspin:

Watch it!!! No ROFL in regards to Tea Party Meetings, remember?

:thumbsup:

That's for someone promoting the meeting as a place where serious subjects are discussed.

I have no connection with the Tea Party. I'm still waiting to see if they actually accomplish something other than spewing trite phrases. Perhaps they will. Perhaps they won't. There are powerful forces in the status quo of the Republican Party. Time will tell as to who wins, or if it's a draw and nobody wins.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds