NPR caught with its pants down..dealing with Muslim bro-hood

08 Mar 2011 17:01 #1 by outdoor338
A video made surreptitiously by a conservative sting artist shows phony, would-be Muslim donors meeting with two NPR fundraisers who are caught on the tape making candid, awkward comments about the Republican Party -- and also talking bluntly about the ouster of commentator Juan Williams.

Slate's David Weigel posted the video and a report on the incident. The sting operation, produced by conservative activist James O'Keefe, shows NPR fundraisers Ron Schiller (who has since left NPR) and Betsy Liley at lunch with two men masquerading as wealthy Muslim donors. That the NPR people appear to tell the supposed contributors what they want to hear is not an unusual approach for fundraisers.

But against the backdrop of a possible cut off of NPR funding proposed by the GOP-controlled U.S. House, Schiller can be heard saying that "very little of our funding comes from the government." That is correct. Then, talking about the GOP, he adds: "The current Republican Party, particularly the tea party, is fanatically involved in people's personal lives and very fundamental Christian -- and I wouldn't even call it Christian." In answer to a leading question about the tea party movement, he adds, "Basically, they believe in white, middle America, gun toting -- it's pretty scary. They're seriously racist..."

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/03/08 ... 3%7C205321

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

08 Mar 2011 18:07 #2 by kresspin
This is already being discussed here:

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8993 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8993<!-- l -->

08 Mar 2011 18:26 #3 by Blazer Bob

kresspin wrote: This is already being discussed here:

http://www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8993

True, but for anyone who wants to discuss it, this is OP is a much
better starting point.

08 Mar 2011 19:02 #4 by kresspin
Since we're all starting our own threads on this, I started one too.

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" www.285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9010 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9010<!-- l -->

08 Mar 2011 19:51 #5 by FredHayek
At least Schiller agrees with me that NPR should get off the federal teat.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

08 Mar 2011 21:04 #6 by Pony Soldier
I read the whole article and didn't see anything about the Muslim Brotherhood. Care to share your source for that?

08 Mar 2011 22:13 #7 by Soulshiner
A video made by the same guy who faked and edited the ACORN videos? A video by the same guy who was convicted of entering real property belonging to the United States under false pretenses? Thanks but no thanks, he has been discredited as a source.

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

08 Mar 2011 23:40 #8 by pineinthegrass

Soulshiner wrote: A video made by the same guy who faked and edited the ACORN videos? A video by the same guy who was convicted of entering real property belonging to the United States under false pretenses? Thanks but no thanks, he has been discredited as a source.

Look, I'm not really into this NPR attack. I'll let NPR work it out. I don't think NPR is evil in any way, I enjoy what I listen to on NPR, or watch on PBS. Not that I watch/listen that much. The guy attacked (Schiller) was going to leave anyway (announced last week before this was made public) and has a new job. This attack on NPR is about public funding, and I think it's not fair to attack NPR like this.

But it seems you throw a lot of crap out. How were the ACORN videos faked? I'm very willing to learn, if you'll let me know. So far as I could find out, the reporter didn't wear his pimp suit as he claimed (bad him). If there is more, again, let me know. But if his videos are fakes, why did ACORN fire their people? Was everything on video fake too? How did he fake the videos?

And yeah, the guy that does the videos, James O'Keefe, got arrested trying to make another shock video. And I think he deserved it. If you want take shock videos, then you have to take the risk and suffer the consequences.

But still, if you watch the NPR video, are you claiming it's faked? I don't think so. And it seems NPR doesn't either, since they've already condemmed what Schiller said. Again, how is it faked? You can just watch it and see Schiller talk freely. And I've read the full uncut version is availabe, but I'd have to go find it again. Maybe if you watch it, you can let us tell what was left out (I'm guessing a lot non-incriminating stuff was left out, but just a guess). But they say they have even more video too.

So again, how is this faked as you claim? I'm eager to learn.

09 Mar 2011 00:29 #9 by Soulshiner

When you plant ice you're going to harvest wind. - Robert Hunter

09 Mar 2011 05:47 #10 by Residenttroll returns
Funny how the left still denies that ACORN was a tool.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds