$15 of taxes on my $35 phone bill. Dirty little secret...

09 Mar 2011 09:39 #1 by CinnamonGirl
"You are kidding me right?" Talk about tanning and soda, candy. But at least they were up front about it.

I changed services from Comcast because I was having problems with voip. So now I am broken up between comcast, directtv and quest for internet, tv and phone. I found out today, I am being charged $15 on my quest bill in taxes!!!!! Makes my $35 quest bill $50 just for phone service.

So tell me, what makes them decide that I am in a 45% tax bracket? That doesn't even cover my other items like interent.

WTH???????? It is a hidden tax and they know it. Just be freaking up front about it.

:Hellno:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Mar 2011 09:42 #2 by major bean
The phone company does not create the tax rate. Your liberal government creates these taxes to pay for their giveaways. You cannot have it both ways.

Regards,
Major Bean

09 Mar 2011 09:46 #3 by Pony Soldier
Your bill, explained:

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/understanding.html

Be sure to check out your Access Charge.

Access charges are fees charged subscribers or other telephone companies by a local telephone company for the use of its local network.

The FCC allows local telephone companies to bill customers for a portion of the costs of providing access. These charges are not a government charge or tax. The maximum allowable access charges per telephone line are set by the FCC, but local telephone companies are free to charge less or nothing at all. Access charges for second or additional lines at the same residence are higher than the charges for the primary line. These charges can be described on your telephone bill as "Federal Access Charge," "Customer or Subscriber Line Charge," "Interstate Access Charge," etc.

State public service commissions regulate access charges for intrastate (within a state) calls. In some states, a state subscriber line charge may appear on customer bills.

09 Mar 2011 09:50 #4 by CinnamonGirl

major bean wrote: The phone company does not create the tax rate. Your liberal government creates these taxes to pay for their giveaways. You cannot have it both ways.

OF course I know that why do you think I am pissed.

09 Mar 2011 09:52 #5 by LadyJazzer
Bullsh*t....

http://abtolls.com/information/readingbills.html

You'll notice that MANY of the "taxes" (charges) reached their peak during the years of 2000-2002... hmmmmm (Who was the party-in-power then????) Many of the charges are charges that the GOVERNMENT has told the phone companies they no longer have to charge, but the companies keep charging their customers anyway...

"librul gub'mint"
"librul gub'mint"
"librul gub'mint"

09 Mar 2011 09:56 #6 by major bean
LJ, you need to stop pointing to this party of government or that party of government and realize that ALL government is evil. ALL government if oppressive. ALL government wants to have power over you. ALL government is full of evil people and tax hungry monsters.

Geez!

Regards,
Major Bean

09 Mar 2011 10:03 #7 by LadyJazzer
Since it was YOUR words about "your liberal government", and since the government in-power 2000-2002 was NOT liberal, but capitalist-adoring conservative, and since it was the pro-business climate that told the businesses that they could rape the public with higher fees and taxes, I WILL CONTINUE TO POINT OUT when the party in power was YOUR party that caused these charges and fees to grow exponentially.

You want to crusade for the "free-market" to make their profits, and squeal like pigs when someone suggests that some regulation might protect consumers, and then when the companies make their profits by upping your phone bill, all of a sudden it's the "librul gub'mint"?!?!?!

Give me a break.

09 Mar 2011 10:07 #8 by CinnamonGirl
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8451 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8451<!-- l -->

This was a post about percentages on cell phones. Highest average was 23.69%

09 Mar 2011 12:27 #9 by major bean

LadyJazzer wrote: Since it was YOUR words about "your liberal government", and since the government in-power 2000-2002 was NOT liberal, but capitalist-adoring conservative, and since it was the pro-business climate that told the businesses that they could rape the public with higher fees and taxes, I WILL CONTINUE TO POINT OUT when the party in power was YOUR party that caused these charges and fees to grow exponentially.

You want to crusade for the "free-market" to make their profits, and squeal like pigs when someone suggests that some regulation might protect consumers, and then when the companies make their profits by upping your phone bill, all of a sudden it's the "librul gub'mint"?!?!?!

Give me a break.

"businesses that they could rape the public with higher fees and taxes".
Are you drunk? Businesses cannot raise taxes.

"squeal like pigs when someone suggests that some regulation might protect consumers".
I strongly believe in regulation. The very same type of monsters who are in government also in companies. Human nature is human nature and it is not pretty.

"all of a sudden it's the "librul gub'mint"?!?!?!"
Bush was a conservative?????????? Hardly. Big government, big spending, Big Brother. He was a liberal, through and through.

Regards,
Major Bean

09 Mar 2011 12:50 #10 by CinnamonGirl
The only reason I am pissed about this is that they are not upfront about what they are doing. It has been a known fact that when they can't find a way the hide it with phone tax.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds