Quote of the Day

10 Mar 2011 12:12 #11 by outdoor338
Replied by outdoor338 on topic Quote of the Day
interesting, you lose an argument and attack. Let's just face it, this is over your head..I don't agree with your politics and selling the US out...you're a lib through and through! :Crying:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2011 12:15 #12 by Pony Soldier
Replied by Pony Soldier on topic Quote of the Day
It really is no use AV. Dummies just insist on continuing to be dummies.

10 Mar 2011 12:17 #13 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Quote of the Day
Even libs hate fencesitters who think they are better than people who have a set of values they hold to. That is where a proud lib is due more respect even if you disagree with them, than a wishy-washy coward.

File Attachment:

Uploaded with [url=http://imageshack.us:3v3c3jy5]ImageShack.us[/url]

Daily Kos has some even harsher comments for "Those who walk with welt on their ass" (their Indian name) :rofl

10 Mar 2011 12:20 #14 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Quote of the Day
There are many definitions of liberal that AV fits very well, though I doubt they are the ones you are thinking of:
- favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.
- of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.
- open-minded or tolerant, especially free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.
- of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman.
and most importantly, and one that you might consider emulating yourself:
-free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant

No need for her to be in the closet about any of these things 338, they are all fine and admirable qualities in a person and indeed, by these standards, she is a liberal person. She is also gives quite generously of her time and talent, another admirable, and liberal, quality displayed by good people in general.

10 Mar 2011 12:28 - 10 Mar 2011 12:45 #15 by AspenValley
Replied by AspenValley on topic Quote of the Day

outdoor338 wrote: interesting, you lose an argument and attack. Let's just face it, this is over your head..I don't agree with your politics and selling the US out...you're a lib through and through! :Crying:

Lose an argument? What argument?

This is like you turning to the man sitting next to you and start yelling at him that he is really a woman and then browbeating him into "just admitting" it, and then while everyone in the room is looking at you like the lunatic you are, claiming you "won" the argument, because to you, he is obviously a woman. It does no good for him to tell you he is a man, in your twisted mind he is a woman and that is that!

You have no ability to understand that not everyone is a cardboard cutout who will conform to your demands that they be pigeon-holed in the way you think they should be pigeon-holed. About as much as you can manage is to think "AV isn't one of "us" so she must be one of "them" but just won't admit it". There are no other possibilities in your mind.

I will be the first to admit that I am decidely NOT "one of you", but neither will I be brow-beaten by your panicked need to stereotype people into submiting to your labeling that makes me one of "them". And by the way, you have proven here that you have absolutely no idea of what my politics actually are, as you can't even "hear" my viewpoint without making massive distortions based on your stereotypical ideas of what they "must" be.

You want me to be your cardboard cutout so you can continue to react to what you think "libs" think instead of what I am actually saying. I refuse to be the convenient scapegoat for all you hate and fear in the world, and don't think I don't realize that is the whole purpose behind the idea of insisting I be a "lib". If I am a real, nuanced, complex person you cannot dehumanize and dismiss me quite so easily, so you must try to reduce me to a cartoon character. Only I refuse to cooperate with that, so if I were you I'd look for an easier target. You've tangled with the wrong chickie on this one, buster.

10 Mar 2011 12:35 #16 by AspenValley

Baileyboy wrote: Even libs hate fencesitters who think they are better than people who have a set of values they hold to. That is where a proud lib is due more respect even if you disagree with them, than a wishy-washy coward.

I think you'd find, if you actually had the guts to come out from behind the juvenile, insulting mask you like to wear, that while the sum of my views might add up to moderate, that they are very far from "wishy-washy". I think it's also pretty stupid to assume that someone you are attempting to bully is a coward. Good way to get your ass kicked.

10 Mar 2011 12:37 #17 by Mayhem
Replied by Mayhem on topic Quote of the Day

PrintSmith wrote: There are many definitions of liberal that AV fits very well,

- open-minded or tolerant, especially free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.

You just described Charlie Sheen rofllol :lol: WHat a compliment :lol: rofllol :rofl

10 Mar 2011 12:45 #18 by Nmysys
Replied by Nmysys on topic Quote of the Day
AV:

Please don't misunderstand what I asked of you. I did it in an innocent manner for a couple of reasons. One was to dispel the notion that I had previously gained, that of your being an out and out Liberal. It appears that you believe yourself to be more of a moderate, which then does somewhat deserve some of what BB replied with. After the first of your points, I actually thought that you were somewhat of a Libertarian, but you quickly dispelled that notion.

Some of us Conservative types on here are trying to be reasonable. I know I am. It is the new me. How do you like me now? I imagine you didn't read the memo that I am personally attempting very hard to be more compassionate of others here on the board, less likely to attack then some others, even when provoked by zealous Libs, like, never mind, and trying more to actually debate issues.

I, for one, am not trying to pigeonhole you into any box. You and others of the more Liberal persuasion, do that by yourselves. What I was trying to do was to understand from what perspective you were coming from. Know your opponent, as it were!

I don't know how you perceive me, not really important, but I wish for you to realize that I did not mean for this to get so out of hand when I asked the question. I might say though, chill a little, most of the people, not all by any means, are just enjoying their ability to argue, hiding behind a screen name. Some of us, don't hide behind it.

Since you have turned out to be somewhat Liberal, can I invite you to our Tea Party Meeting next Thursday evening at Beaver Ranch. You might find out that most of us actually think a lot like you in some respects.

10 Mar 2011 13:11 #19 by AspenValley

Nmysys wrote: I, for one, am not trying to pigeonhole you into any box. You and others of the more Liberal persuasion, do that by yourselves. .

While it's nice to hear you are trying to be more reasonable in debate, and all, I really have to ask, do all of you have the same learning disability or what?

How would you like it if I asked what your religion was, and you said you were Jewish and I kept insisting that no you weren't, I could tell you were REALLY a Baptist?

Because that is what all of you keep doing, REPEATEDLY, when I tell you that I am not a Liberal. Who are you to tell me what my beliefs are? How would you like it if people kept insisting that no, you weren't a Conservative or a Libertarian or whatever, you were REALLY a Facist? Or a Green Party or a freaking Tory for that matter? Do any of you have any glimmer of understanding how ignorant and patronizing and downright DENSE you come across as when you try to tell someone who has just told you over and over where they stand politically that no, they aren't REALLY what they say they are?

And you apparently do not get AT ALL what I meant by putting me in a box, because you just did. AGAIN. You keep telling me (figuratively) I'm a Baptist and it doesn't matter how many times I try to tell you I'm Jewish (so to speak), you are not only going to insist I am "really" a Baptist but that I'm doing it to myself!

Just one more comment regarding "moderates". I'd be the first to admit that some people take a moderate stance on everything because they don't really have a stance on ANYTHING. But it's another ignorant, patronizing, DENSE assumption to believe that everyone whose politics are relatively moderate arrived there through laziness or lack of conviction. I realize it's fashionable these days to somehow glorify taking extreme political positions, but I would argue it's very often the sign of fanaticism. And fanatical politics have a history of turning out badly. Forgive me for noticing.

10 Mar 2011 13:14 #20 by PrintSmith
Replied by PrintSmith on topic Quote of the Day

Baileyboy wrote:

PrintSmith wrote: There are many definitions of liberal that AV fits very well,

You just described Charlie Sheen rofllol :lol: WHat a compliment :lol: rofllol :rofl

If you think that Sheen is open minded and tolerant, you haven't been listening to what he has said - which, given your history, wouldn't be surprising. Children have a difficult time listening, it requires a longer attention span than they have thus far developed.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds