Florida judge allows case to proceed under Islamic law

19 Mar 2011 12:53 #1 by Obam me
What was that Hamas-linked CAIR and other Islamic supremacist groups were saying about how it was utterly fanciful that Sharia would ever be used to judge cases in American courts?

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2011/03/flori ... c-law.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Mar 2011 13:45 #2 by Nmysys
Many of the posters on here said it would never come here!

19 Mar 2011 13:49 #3 by major bean
Say farwell to women's rights. They will now start selling their daughters to their future sons-in-law as the Vietnamese do in this country. White slavery, anyone?

Regards,
Major Bean

19 Mar 2011 13:55 #4 by LadyJazzer
Interesting comments by some of commenters:

Yea, So?

Civil mediation with agreement between parties as to who the mediator will be.
Sounds cool to me.

If it crosses over into how criminal cases are handled, another story.

This isn't the imposition of Islamic Law per se. Arbitration agreements (contracts) between parties are regularly taken to Civil Courts for enforcement in cases of dispute. Parties who agree to arbitrate have willingly chosen a method of dispute resolution outside of the court system. Arbitrators do not have to follow state or federal laws in making their decisions - or any recognized law at all.

Although not truly unlimited, if two parties agree to arbitrate their disputes, for all intents and purposes, they can bind themselves to an outcome under almost any system of law, of any religion, or any procedure. Unless a party can show fraud, duress, or coercion, an arbitration agreement functions like any contract which a court must uphold so long as it is clear, unambiguous, and freely negotiated. Consequently, a party may also have a cause of action in questioning the neutrality of the arbitrator or if no meaningful procedure was followed to guarantee a just result.

The Court is not proceeding under Islamic Law. The "case" - the dispute between the parties - is proceeding under Islamic Law because that is how the parties agreed to resolve their dispute.

The Court is merely following law which is nearly uniform in all States - that freely negotiated contracts are binding.

Nothing to see here,folks - let's move along now.

The ISLAMISTS are coming! The ISLAMISTS are coming! The ISLAMISTS are coming! :VeryScared:

19 Mar 2011 14:04 #5 by Nmysys
It never ceases to amaze me how there is always some Leftist piece somewhere that denies the truth!

It is not Sharia Law Per Se????

19 Mar 2011 16:16 #6 by outdoor338
LJ, rants again...boo hoo, quit picking on the terrorists..boo hoo, there miss guided youths who need help...boo hoo, they need their own laws...slowly but surely the cancer spreads...and the liberals have no clue!

19 Mar 2011 19:02 #7 by pineinthegrass
This kind of stuff happens all the time. If both parties agree to a mediator, it keeps the case out of the public courts and saves the public tax money. Don't you want to save tax money?

This is how Judge Wapner and Judge Judy get their cases. Both sides agree to it. It doesn't mean Judge Wapner or Judge Judy are going to be the law of the land.

20 Mar 2011 08:19 #8 by bailey bud
Much ado about nothing.

This is a civil case - between two parties (actually three, it appears).

The document suggests that there's a dispute - but the parties (all muslims) have agreed to
work out the dispute in an out-of-court venue. I think you could have had the exact same document - saying that the parties will work it with the assistance of a church and/or pastor.

Had this been a criminal case (i.e. - the state becomes the plaintiff), I seriously doubt that Sharia would be invoked - or accepted.

I think this case is perfectly acceptable. I am a little worried, though - that it would appear to set precedant - which would be cited in subsequent cases (some of which I don't feel Sharia is acceptable).

20 Mar 2011 10:41 #9 by major bean
You people care not that this opens the door to selling their women? You condone civil contracts that creates traffic of women? These people buy their son's brides from the brides relatives under civil contract.

Regards,
Major Bean

20 Mar 2011 12:08 #10 by Obam me
Which is it BB?

Much ado about nothing.

OR...

I am a little worried, though - that it would appear to set precedant - which would be cited in subsequent cases (some of which I don't feel Sharia is acceptable).

Just curious BB, what parts of Sharia ARE acceptable to you?

I can't believe how mushy you are with Sharia and the whole islamic crap.

Time to create page: 0.165 seconds