freedom of speech upsets friendly muslims around world!

03 Apr 2011 14:54 #11 by Residenttroll returns

major bean wrote: This was hardly a freedom of speech issue. The preacher wanted and expected to provoke the Muslims around the world and domestically. He is guilty of a crime of inciting to riot. He should be prosecuted. Should he be allowed to hide behind the freedom of speech defense? Let the courts decide.

The rioting Muslims also committed crimes. They should be prosecuted for their terrorist acts.

Both actors in these crimes must be prosecuted.

Are you suggesting the peacher should be charged for the actions of some uneducated illiterate radical Muslims on the other side of the earth?

It is his right to burn the koran....he even has the right to burn the United States flag too... I doubt those murders in Afganistan had anything to do with the koran burning - but more about the anti-American feelings. There is nothing Holy about the koran...it was not inspired by God.
Liberals would enjoy watching the Holy Bible burn at public schools , public universities, or in their backyard....

At the end of the day, I say we keep burning korans so they will continue to show us how they are morons and how they display love, peace and inclusion throughout the world.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

03 Apr 2011 15:00 #12 by major bean
No, I am suggesting that he be charged with the results of his own actions in which he knowingly incited those Muslims to commit murder. His actions were criminal.

Regards,
Major Bean

03 Apr 2011 15:12 #13 by Residenttroll returns

major bean wrote: No, I am suggesting that he be charged with the results of his own actions in which he knowingly incited those Muslims to commit murder. His actions were criminal.

Gee, if we were to use your logic...then we should convict every Christian in the United States....because if you speak out again their religion they kill you.....these baboons kill Americans/Christians for the sport....they don't kill for logic.

If they think burning the koran is offensive... wow, what will happen when they are not allowed to pray in school when they finally take over America.

03 Apr 2011 15:38 #14 by Martin Ent Inc
I don't think China is a muslim country.

03 Apr 2011 16:49 #15 by Rick

2wlady wrote: So they incited a riot - in another country. Are you saying Homeland Security should pick up these nuts and send them to The Hague for prosecution?

What happened to freedom of speech in this country?

:yeahthat:

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Apr 2011 16:56 #16 by Kate
May I offer an example?

Say you are driving on the road and you see a neighbor ahead of you that you do not like. In fact, you really dislike this person. They are the exact opposite of you in politics, religion, values, etc. You know he is a hot head and is prone to violence. You see an opportunity to pass him and when you get by, you cut him off, narrowly avoiding taking out his front end with your rear bumper. Then you slow way down and flip him off. Of course this enrages him, and you have probably incited him to road rage violence. Have you done something illegal in inciting him? Maybe not, but you have provoked him, knowing his temperament. I would think that you would bear some of the responsibility for the actions that would follow.

Not sure if this is an apt comparison, but it's something that just sprang to mind to try to understand the situation.

03 Apr 2011 17:07 #17 by Rick
Thats a bad comparison because you endangered his life. Nobody's life was threatened by burning some paper books thousands of miles away. It did however further illustrate why we should stay the hell out of that cesspool and let them finish each other off. But I guess we need to make sure the Europeans get a good flow of oil.

You also forgot the rest of the story, after flipping him off, he follows you home, pulls you out of your car and saws your head off with a machete.

It was always the women, and above all the young ones, who were the most bigoted adherents of the Party, the swallowers of slogans, the amateur spies and nosers−out of unorthodoxy

George Orwell

03 Apr 2011 17:14 #18 by Kate

CriticalBill wrote: Thats a bad comparison because you endangered his life. Nobody's life was threatened by burning some paper books thousands of miles away. It did however further illustrate why we should stay the hell out of that cesspool and let them finish each other off. But I guess we need to make sure the Europeans get a good flow of oil.

You also forgot the rest of the story, after flipping him off, he follows you home, pulls you out of your car and saws your head off with a machete.

Well, that's a good point that I endangered him. How about if he wasn't endangered, and I just cut him off, flipped him the bird and then he followed me home and chopped off my head? I incited him to violence, fully knowing that he was capable of using a machete. Should I be surprised when he does it?

Would you taunt a violent bully, knowing that you could then hide behind your moms skirt? Essentially, that's what this preacher did, except he's hiding behind the US military, depending upon the fighting forces to keep these guys from coming over here and chopping off his head.

03 Apr 2011 22:13 #19 by Blazer Bob

Kate wrote:

CriticalBill wrote: Thats a bad comparison because you endangered his life. Nobody's life was threatened by burning some paper books thousands of miles away. It did however further illustrate why we should stay the hell out of that cesspool and let them finish each other off. But I guess we need to make sure the Europeans get a good flow of oil.

Well, that's a good point that I endangered him. How about if he wasn't endangered, and I just cut him off, flipped him the bird and then he followed me home and chopped off my head? I incited him to violence, fully knowing that he was capable of using a machete. Should I be surprised when he does it?

Should you be sited for a crime and your estate fined for your contribution to your oun murder?

03 Apr 2011 22:26 #20 by Blazer Bob
"“Ten to 20 people have been killed,” Reid said Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “We’ll take a look at this of course. As to whether we need hearings or not, I don’t know.”

Sen. Lindsey Graham said Congress might need to explore the need to limit some forms of freedom of speech, in light of Tennessee pastor Terry Jones’ Quran burning, and how such actions result in enabling U.S. enemies.

“I wish we could find a way to hold people accountable. Free speech is a great idea, but we’re in a war,” Graham told CBS’ Bob Schieffer on “Face the Nation” Sunday."

http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2 ... ent-video/

Time to create page: 0.173 seconds