Looking for someone with a big heart

13 May 2011 19:45 #1 by ShilohLady
I'm wondering if anyone out there would consider taking on my daughter's dog. She has to relocate to Lamar to finish out her training and will be unable to bring him along with her. He's a tibetan spaniel / pomeranian mix. I think he's about 14 yrs old and unfortunately he has multiple issues.

He has some sort of liver issue - this results in seizures from time to time.
No matter how often they take him out, he still urinates inside.
I don't know if he's having issues with his teeth or what but they report that he's not chewing his food anymore.

Due to his size, he's not really suited to be an outdoor dog plus he loves being around people. He also rarely barks, not even to ask to go outside, he just comes up and looks at you and you're supposed to know what he wants.

They'll be moving over Memorial Day weekend and if no one will take him, they're going to have him put down. I don't know - that may be the best thing but I thought I'd at least ask around first.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 May 2011 19:56 #2 by jf1acai
He is a very sweet dog, wish I could take him and make his last days pleasant.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

28 May 2011 22:34 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Looking for someone with a big heart
Shilohlady, did you find someone to take the dog?

30 May 2011 09:27 #4 by ShilohLady
No, he's now in doggie heaven. It's probably for the best, all things considered. My grandson has a book about Dog Heaven and he enjoys pointing out where Neon is on each page.

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds