UPDATE - GREAT ENDING! Very old yellow Lab mix-

20 Jul 2011 11:08 - 10 Aug 2011 20:22 #1 by Wily Fox aka Angela
Very old yellow Lab mix found 7/19/11 late afternoon Warhawk Rd at Shadow Mtn Dr.

Has many tumors down below but it is a male and he is neutered. No collar, no chip. VERY sweet and good boy!
Maybe weighs in at 40lbs

Call animal control office 303-271-5070, asap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Jul 2011 20:10 #2 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I put signs up today with animal control's number

23 Jul 2011 16:00 #3 by pound dog mom
I have emailed all of my contacts

28 Jul 2011 10:08 #4 by Wily Fox aka Angela
no one has come to claim him. I am gathering more contact information if someone wants to adopt him and give him a good home. He is a good boy. Hang tight.

28 Jul 2011 10:08 #5 by Wily Fox aka Angela
there may be a family that will take him. waiting on details to confirm. will update when I know. keep your fingers crossed.

28 Jul 2011 16:40 #6 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I think it was all the good juju going out....

Update from Animal Control:
He has been picked up by his new owners!!!!! A family with a lab, vizsla, 2 acres and a vet in the family to address any medical needs. They are soooo excited and can't wait to give him a warm, safe place to rest his weary bones.

MY COMMENTS:
Keep in mind that this dog was too old and too feeble to be deemed adoptable through the normal channels. The officers worked hard to find a match with a family to take him. They also kept him in their office because they worried about him being exposed to any illnesses. Being so old, they worried his immune system would not protect him. I'd say Jeffco Animal Control ROCKS !

This was ONE LUCKY OLD MAN and another happy ending (BEGINNING!)!
:woo hoo:

28 Jul 2011 17:12 #7 by JMC

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: I think it was all the good juju going out....

Update from Animal Control:
He has been picked up by his new owners!!!!! A family with a lab, vizsla, 2 acres and a vet in the family to address any medical needs. They are soooo excited and can't wait to give him a warm, safe place to rest his weary bones.

MY COMMENTS:
Keep in mind that this dog was too old and too feeble to be deemed adoptable through the normal channels. The officers worked hard to find a match with a family to take him. They also kept him in their office because they worried about him being exposed to any illnesses. Being so old, they worried his immune system would not protect him. I'd say Jeffco Animal Control ROCKS !

This was ONE LUCKY OLD MAN and another happy ending (BEGINNING!)!
:woo hoo:

Wonderful news!

28 Jul 2011 17:28 #8 by Wily Fox aka Angela
another note from Jeffco Animal Control:

Oh yes, and many many thanks to Rocky Mountain Lab Rescue for hooking us up!!! If anyone is ever interested in adding a Lab to their family check them out at http://www.rockymountainlabrescue.com/

29 Jul 2011 09:23 #9 by Cr0w
Very , very nice.

29 Jul 2011 09:27 #10 by Grady
That is good news.

Time to create page: 0.154 seconds