Lost dog from 2/10 accident FOUND HIS WAY HOME

10 Feb 2013 20:17 - 14 Feb 2013 11:53 #1 by pacamom
MsMam and I were listening to the scanner this afternoon and I thought I heard that they were looking for a dog that ran from the accident. I saw this post on Pinecam. Please keep an eye out for this dog, I am sure he is panicked.

steve1ddd
Post subject: lost dog.... from Bailey Accident scene
Posted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:15 pm

Replies: 3
Views: 57

My wife was involved in the head-on tonight on 285 near the vet and friendship baptist church. Our dog was in the car and ran from the scene. His name is grover. He is med size and red colored. If anyone sees him please call 720.202.2414

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Feb 2013 16:59 #2 by pacamom
Here's a picture

steve1ddd wrote:

This is a picture of Grover....He is very friendly but may be skittish after the accident. I have been to the Scene a few times but he may have left the area....Please keep your eyes open...it was single digits last night and we are so worried for him. again call me anytime with ANY details 720.202.2414. he isn't wearing a collar or tags (my wife was returning from giving him a bath at busters when the accident happened).

11 Feb 2013 18:33 #3 by mountaindollar
We drive by there on our way to work and coming home so will keep any eye out for this little one.

Thanks for letting us know!!!

11 Feb 2013 21:00 #4 by jf1acai
Hope he is found and returned to his home soon!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

12 Feb 2013 06:36 #5 by pacamom
With permission from pbearaz.

pbearaz wrote: First off...thank you, everyone, for the kind wishes and prayers. I'm the one who was in the accident. I hurt quite a bit, have a broken wrist, lots of bumps/bruises and cuts, and my car was totaled. However, these are all things that will heal with time. My car, seat belt and air bag did exactly what they were supposed to do. I'd also like to thank the people who stopped out of the kindness of their hearts, one gentleman (I'm sorry, i don't remember your name) who called my husband to tell him what had happened as I couldn't find my phone, and, of course, all of the emergency responders.

My family and I spent part of today continuing our search for Grover and putting up flyers. We have yet to find him.

Please, please...any random sightings of a red dog, please call us - regardless of time of day. 720-202-2414. He's been an amazing family dog and our hearts ache over this. BTW - we live in Friendship Ranch in Bailey so it's entirely possible he's trying to find his way home.

13 Feb 2013 21:10 #6 by pacamom

pbearaz wrote: Grover is Home!!! We just received a call of a sighting, my husband went to look for him, I went out and called for him and a few minutes later I heard him on our deck! He seems fine...no injuries we can see. THANK YOU ALL for you wishes, actions and support!

Thank you to the couple who called about 30 min ago.

He really did find his way home!

Yeah!!! He found his way home. How awesome is that!

13 Feb 2013 21:17 #7 by otisptoadwater

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

14 Feb 2013 07:56 #8 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

14 Feb 2013 08:18 #9 by jf1acai

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

14 Feb 2013 13:19 #10 by FredHayek
Great ending! I wonder if my two pups would be able to find the way home.

I did have a cat that escaped from a boarder and walked about five miles home including crossing Clear Creek in Wheatridge about 30 years ago.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds