RIP

23 Nov 2013 18:08 #1 by jf1acai
RIP was created by jf1acai
RIP Duh! Brutus

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Nov 2013 07:56 #2 by pacamom
Replied by pacamom on topic RIP
Sorry to read this Becky. They just never stay in our lives long enough.

24 Nov 2013 08:44 #3 by Blondie
Replied by Blondie on topic RIP
So sorry Becky, my heart goes out to you.

24 Nov 2013 09:10 #4 by Mtn Gramma
Replied by Mtn Gramma on topic RIP
Losing our "babies" is so hard. Thinking of you.

24 Nov 2013 11:28 #5 by mtnvicky
Replied by mtnvicky on topic RIP
So sorry for your loss.

24 Nov 2013 14:18 #6 by otisptoadwater
Replied by otisptoadwater on topic RIP
The loss of a best friend is never any easy process to go through, I am sorry to hear your bad news.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

24 Nov 2013 17:25 #7 by FOS
Replied by FOS on topic RIP
Thank you so much for your kind comments and loving words.
There are no words to express how heartbroken we are to lose our dear little buddy.
He helped me through so many tough times. We got Duh! Brutus shortly after our son deployed to Iraq. He was my life line through that period. He traveled with me to Texas to care for my Mom and they quickly became inseparable. He watched over her like a little cow dog.
Living with Bulldogs is like living with little comic book characters. NEVER a dull moment.
Brutus has never had a strong heart physically. A couple of weeks ago we noticed he was losing weight rapidly. Then....about a week ago he started retaining fluid in his abdomen.
We took him to the Vet and received the worst news possible. Right side heart failure. His heart was giving out quickly. He had gotten to a point where he could barely carry his weight on those little legs and his breathing was getting very labored.
We just did not have the heart to let him keep going like that so we made the difficult decision to put him down yesterday.
Both Bruce and I held him and loved him until the very end.
My heartfelt thanks to Doc Lori for her compassion and professionalism.
The house is pretty quiet. Liberty seems pretty lost right now. Heck.....we all seem lost right now.
Thanks for the calls of support from many of you.
Sweet Boo.....you will be so missed and you were so loved.

24 Nov 2013 17:51 #8 by mountaindollar
Replied by mountaindollar on topic RIP
So sorry to hear about your baby we know what you are going through as it was not long ago that we had to deal with this.

Remember the fun times and the smiles he brought you.

24 Nov 2013 20:59 #9 by zelda
Replied by zelda on topic RIP
Sorry for your loss Becky.

26 Nov 2013 11:40 #10 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic RIP
Sorry I haven't been around here much lately to post, but my deepest condolences on your family's loss Becky. Wishing you much peace.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds