Missing Dog Lost Creek Wilderness

25 Aug 2014 19:23 #1 by ScienceChic
Posted by Mahting Putelis :
We are praying someone finds our little girl (Mila). She is out in Lost Creek Wilderness. She has her tags, and food. She went missing 8/23/14 around 1pm. She was last seen on the McCurdy Park Trail about 3 miles north of McCurdy Park. Please share this if you have friends who might hike in the next weeks.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

26 Aug 2014 08:03 #2 by FredHayek
Didn't see her this weekend, will look again next weekend. Should be a lot of people visiting next weekend.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

26 Aug 2014 17:37 #3 by ScienceChic
Update: she's been found!
From Mahting Putelis :

Erika and I went out today on Operation Rescue Mila Dog from the wilderness! We ran into Lost Creek 10 miles to the spot we last saw her. After calling a few times we heard her bay. Then wine a few more times. She was stuck on a cliff. She hiked out about 4 miles and then I carried her the last 6. We are a happy family today!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill
Attachments:

26 Aug 2014 18:27 #4 by jf1acai
Great news!

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

26 Aug 2014 19:45 - 26 Aug 2014 19:51 #5 by otisptoadwater
I love happy endings! Great to know she's back home and I hope resting and recovering.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

26 Aug 2014 19:47 #6 by mountaindollar
Way COOL I think she needs a steak!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26 Aug 2014 21:25 #7 by FredHayek
:barbeque: Nice way to end National Dog Day!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds