Let me tell you about the Kitty with 3 names.

21 Feb 2011 09:37 #1 by CinnamonGirl
Let me tell you about the Kitty with 3 names. was created by CinnamonGirl
My kitty has 3 names. Saruamon, Harry, and I called him Kitty.

I never was a huge cat person but when Kitty, Saruamon, Harry came into my life that changed. Over time.

My daughter wanted a cat in the worst way. And she knew I was not as much of a cat person. But we went down to my vet's office (he is also a friend) and looked around. Saw a few cats then last on the list was our Kitty, Saruamon, Harry. He was in a cage and Bob took him out of the cage and Kitty, Saruamon, Harry bit him and attacked his hand. Bob thought this was funny. I was scared. LOL.

Well anyway. I wanted an outdoor cat so I thought he was perfect and could protect himself if he was such a jerk. His story was that he was in a non kill shelter for 2 1/2 years then the vet took him and had him for 1 1/2 years. He could not be with the rest of the cat residents that walked around the office. He didn’t get along with them. He was considered un adoptable because he bites. But he rarely ever bit me. He tried though.

At first Kitty, Saruamon, Harry stayed in the garage with a heater and a heating pad. Well that lasted for about two months when we got that big 44" storm. We let him in the house and he has been a great indoor/outdoor cat ever since.

I have so many funny stories about my Kitty, Saruamon, Harry. He is such a character. It is a little too hard right now to tell them.

The reason he has three names? In the shelter they named him Harry. My kids and I did not like that name so they were going through their "Lord of the Rings" phase and named him Saruamon. Me, I could not say that name so I called him Kitty. Whenever anyone asked me what his name was I had to tell them the story because I never really knew his name, it never felt right to say any of them definitively.

People knew him around the neighborhood by that house with the black cat in the front yard and the medallion around his neck. He eventually lost that huge tag. We went through many pet tags and collars. He used to go to a man down the street and eat his cat's food. He used to sun himself on my front porch and roll in the dirt all the time. He liked to hunt and play and we called him the bad ass of the neighborhood.

He didn't need alot of attention but he let me know when he needed some. He bit us. He used to get mad at us. I have so many stories. He has huge character. He also loved me sometimes. :heart:

When my daughter moved out 3 years ago after she got married, I kept Kitty, Saruamon, Harry. And when she moved into a place where she could have a cat she wanted him back. But the girl who really didn't have a thing for cats could never live without him.

I may have to now. I don't know how I can live without Kitty, Saruamon, Harry. But I love him. He and I are a match made in heaven.

To me he was just Kitty, Kitty, Kitty. I love you Kitty. I will know later today if I have to say goodbye.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Feb 2011 10:07 #2 by HappyCamper
Thinking good thoughts.

21 Feb 2011 10:13 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Let me tell you about the Kitty with 3 names.
So many cats could have homes. He was considered un adoptable and is the best cat ever.

Thanks HC. I will be fine. i just hope his story may get more cats adopted someday. :)

21 Feb 2011 10:15 #4 by jf1acai
Maybe you could get her a different cat, and keep Kitty, Saruamon, Harry?

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

21 Feb 2011 10:19 #5 by CinnamonGirl
Sorry I didn't make it clear. My kitty is sick and I will know later if he has to go to the rainbow bridge. I just wanted to tell his story. We think he is 13 or 14 years old.

My daughter did get another cat because I had to keep my Kitty.

22 Feb 2011 09:30 #6 by CinnamonGirl
Goodbye Kitty. It was a wonderful life with you. He used to come sit with me when I cried.

Thanks for listening to our story.

[youtube:523tstx5]
[/youtube:523tstx5]

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds