Places to fish Evergreen / Conifer area

21 Oct 2011 15:18 #21 by netdude
Heya Photo-fish.... did you get to those ponds? How was it? I've been wondering about them as well....

Thanks!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

25 Oct 2011 08:20 #22 by Photo-fish
Nope, my appt. was cancelled so I hiked up to square tops with the dogs instead (6" of snow up there that weekend). It is still on my list to check out.

I thought maybe CG or somebody else down the hill had been there before and could provide info.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

06 May 2012 10:37 #23 by Photo-fish
Caught & released some brook trout out of Upper Beaver Brook Res. last weekend. Sounds like Echo Lake may have suffered a bit of a winter fish kill.
Evergreen Lake was stocked 3 weeks ago and late afternoon and early AM dry fly action looks good.
Spent the day yesterday at the ponds at Buchanan Rec Center with Evergreen Trout Unlimited teaching kids to fish with flies. One 8 year old girl caught her first fish, a 20" rainbow.

WHEN DOES JEFFERSON LAKE PARK OPEN?????

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

10 Jul 2012 18:48 - 11 Jul 2012 11:53 #24 by Photo-fish
I'm telling ya for the last time. Shelf Lake is happening this week. Saturday (7/7) I had the lake and whole trail all to myself. Fish are pretty pre-spawn colors and the wildflowers are popping big time.

Please don't cast to the fish that are actively spawning in the shallows. Just watch and let them be. The best action is along the long shoreline across from the outlet anyway. Play them quick and relaese them as soon as possible. Barbless is the way to go. :thumbsup:

Low clouds over the lake until mid morning.

This one fly caught at least 15 fish. The one before caught another 10+ before I lost it on a back cast. You dont need to cast out more than 12 feet from shore.

One more fish picture

Dogs are relaxed waiting for the trek back down the valley

The route:

GET UP THERE!!!

10 Jul 2012 18:57 #25 by LOL
Excellent report and pics PF!

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

10 Jul 2012 22:31 #26 by otisptoadwater
:like: I'll have to get the Wundermutt out for a wander when I get home. Thanks for the great photos and narratives! Now I have to wonder, did I pay for my small game and fishing license this year? I slacked off on license renewals because of the red flag warnings back in March.

I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." - Henry Ford

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges; When the Republic is at its most corrupt the laws are most numerous. - Publius Cornelius Tacitus

11 Jul 2012 08:27 #27 by ScienceChic
Those are beautiful photos, and great advice - thank you PF!!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Jul 2012 09:03 #28 by Grady
There is no shelf lake. It is a myth, don't bother trying to find it. You might get lost in the woods and eaten by a bigfoot.
:wink:

Get pics and trip report Photo.

Edit to add: We almost made the hike a couple of weeks ago, but ended up taking the canoe to Jefferson lake. A great time was had by all. :biggrin:

11 Jul 2012 11:51 #29 by Photo-fish

Science Chic wrote: Those are beautiful photos, and great advice - thank you PF!!

My pleasure. Just don't post this info on the Facebook page. :wink:

11 Jul 2012 12:36 #30 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds