Places to fish Evergreen / Conifer area

20 Jul 2012 09:36 #31 by Photo-fish
Now this is what I'm talkin' about.

GREENBACK GOODNESS (a nice video of Greenback fishing in Colorado High Country)
http://vimeo.com/28974519

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Dec 2012 08:46 #32 by Photo-fish
Lots of folks ice fishing on Evergreen Lake this past week. I was below the dam during the afternoon of Christmas eve fly-fishing the spillway and pulled out 2 browns and 2 rainbows within about a half hour. I was stripping a wire wrapped midge that I tied similar to the "Packer midge" below but this one had a red glass bead head.

The browns were only about 10" and the rainbows were smaller. One rainbow was very plump for it's size and was a little funny looking. Sorry no pics. I am gonna try it again for a bit in the afternoon on New Years Eve. I like to get at least one more fish before the end of the year.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

01 Feb 2013 10:10 #33 by Photo-fish
Tightline Outdoors and Blue Quill Angler are sponsoring an Ice Fishing Derby at Winter Festival at Evergreen Lake on February 9th. This professional quality tournament features valuable cash prizes — as high as $750, depending on registrations! The event is limited to 100 anglers — plus a kids’ competition.

General Rules
Registration on event day will start at 7 AM. Anglers will not be allowed on the Designated Fishing Site until 7:50 AM.

•All Colorado fishing regulations will apply to this event and a valid Colorado fishing license is required.
•Anglers must be 16 years of age or older.
•Each angler is limited to one rod. A second rod stamp does not apply to this event.
•All Colorado laws will apply concerning live bait.
•Anglers must be registered and signed in prior to the 8 AM Start.
•Fish will be weighed on a digital scale. In the event of a tie, the fish weighed first will be the winner.
•Only “trout” will be recognized as legal fish for weigh-in and toward a prize.
•Only legally caught fish will count toward weigh in and toward a prize.
•After weigh in, each angler is responsible for their fish.
•No gaffs or nets are allowed in aid of landing fish.
•No alcohol is allowed during the derby.
•No age limit — but each angler must be able to hook and land their fish with no assistance from other anglers.
•Weigh Master makes all final decisions on final weight and time.
•Trout must be fresh and not frozen when weighed in.
•Anglers and gear are subject to search upon entering the Designated Fishing Site.
•The event will start at 8 AM sharp – no earlier – and end at 11 AM. Anglers must be in line at the weigh station with their catch when the finish buzzer sounds at 11 AM.
•Each angler must catch and weigh their own fish.
•Once an angler weighs the 3rd fish, that angler is done fishing and is not allowed to assist any other angler in any way.
•Only registered anglers will be allowed in the designated fishing area.

http://evergreenwinterfestival.com/sports/fishing-derby

01 Feb 2013 10:43 #34 by Grady

Photo-fish wrote: •No alcohol is allowed during the derby.

http://evergreenwinterfestival.com/sports/fishing-derby

I thought you said this is an Ice fishing Derby !!!!!
:thedrink: :drunk: :fishing: :Drunk:

02 Feb 2013 08:46 #35 by ScienceChic
From the EPRD Facebook Page :
ATTENTION ICE FISHERMEN! When the Winter Festival Fishing Derby is over, fishing will be opened to the public for free. Tightline Outdoors and Blue Quill Angler experts will be available for guidance. http://ow.ly/hh0kf

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Mar 2013 09:19 #36 by Photo-fish
HEY COLORADO!!!

DON'T FORGET THAT YOUR FISHING LICENSE EXPIRES ON 3/31.
DON'T GET CAUGHT WITHOUT IT!
RENEW ONLINE AND MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE THE HABITAT STAMP.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Fishing/SeasonDatesAndFees/Pages/SeasonDatesAndFees.aspx

16 Jun 2013 16:19 #37 by Photo-fish
Fish in a barrel. Caught & released at least 20 @ Jefferson Lake today. Too windy for a fly rod so I was forced to use spin cast & a bubble. Most were between 12 & 14" but had a few bigger.
Wooly buggers for all of them in about 3-1/2 hours. Left the bait fishers scratching their heads (again).

The lake is very, very low right now and although there was still a good deal of snow (12 foot drifts in some areas) on the south shore from winter winds, the lake will not fill this year. Ranger said it was recently stocked too. Very crowded until storms threatened at about noon and there was a mass exodus. Best action was in the small bay to the east of the boat ramp.

17 Dec 2013 12:14 #38 by BenW
Hi, I just moved to this area in the fall from Michigan. Thanks for all of the good fishing spot tips. I'm going to bookmark this page for the spring.
Was looking around online for a simple fish finder for my son for Xmas and ordered this Fish Hunter one -
http://www.fishhunter.com

It's a new kind so hope it's good. He'll like it because it works through his iphone. Anyway Fish Hunter has a free app too that is a fishing spot sharing thing. It has maps and you can pin all your favourite fishing spots and look at other people's pins and see what they're catching where. You can upload pictures of what you catch etc so other people can see them so I know he'll be into that. Anyhow seems like a good way to see what other people are up to and catching and share spot info like this.

29 Mar 2014 11:41 #39 by Photo-fish
Local Stocking Schedule summer 2014.

Evergreen Lake - Most fish are 10" long Hofer X Harrison Lake Rainbow Trout (whirling disease resistant).
From May through November - 2,800 fish will be stocked during the first week of each month.
DPW and Evergreen Trout Unlimited both have events around the first week of July where another 2,500+ fish will be stocked.
In November they will stock 50 Tiger Musky (7" long) and also a few larger rainbows for the coming ice fishing season.

Bear Creek Lake - Most fish are 10" Hofer X Harrison Lake Rainbow Trout (whirling disease resistant).
April through October - around 1,000 fish during the first week of each month.
In June they will stock 8,200 Saugeye (Walley X Sauger) fingerlings - 1.5"

Bear Creek below Evergren Lake - First week of August they will stock 4,000 subcatchable (5") Hofer Rainbow Trout.

Bear Creek Ponds near Estes St. and Yale Ave
will recieve 1,000 bluegill and 200 catfish in early September.
Lower Bear Creek in this area may get stocked with about 4,000 subcatchable (5") Brown trout in June

If you are interested in beginning flyfishing, I would recommend starting on a pond stocked with bluegills and good back casting room. As soon as the water in the Bear Creek Ponds starts to get to 50 deg. the bluegills will be on the move. HINT HINT

03 Jun 2014 15:36 #40 by ScienceChic
National Fishing & Boating Week Jun 1-8, 2014

National Fishing and Boating Week, a national celebration of fishing and boating, takes place the first week of June every year. This year it’s June 1-8, 2014. It highlights the importance of recreational boating and fishing in enhancing people's' quality of life and preserving our country's natural beauty. It also is when most state’s offer their Free Fishing Days. These are days where anglers are allowed to fish on public bodies of water without a fishing license.

Free fishing days are a perfect opportunity for beginners to try out fishing for the first time. If you already have a fishing license, consider taking a friend or family member who has never been fishing, out on the water for the day.

Colorado: June 7-8, 2014.
http://ht.ly/xzmWW

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds