Great hiking

24 Jun 2010 13:50 #1 by JMC
Great hiking was created by JMC
I hiked with a buddy today into Mt Evans Wilderness, Tanglewood trail, Dry , bring bug spray but no snow pack at all. Brilliant sky and views to forever not many people and the trail's in great shape. Perfect day and hike, I will be sore tomorrow but worth it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

24 Jun 2010 13:53 #2 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Great hiking

JMC wrote: I hiked with a buddy today into Mt Evans Wilderness, Tanglewood trail, Dry , bring bug spray but no snow pack at all. Brilliant sky and views to forever not many people and the trail's in great shape. Perfect day and hike, I will be sore tomorrow but worth it

Where is that? And I would love to go with you sometime as long as we both agree not to talk politics. :thumbsup:

24 Jun 2010 13:57 #3 by LopingAlong
Replied by LopingAlong on topic Great hiking
But if I could come along and we talked politics, it'd be two to one and those are good odds! :)

JMC, is that a good trail for riding a horse? Is it rocky most the way? Were there lots of people or few? Thanks for the info.

24 Jun 2010 13:59 #4 by JMC
Replied by JMC on topic Great hiking
Deal V, it is at the south entrance to Mt Evans Wilderness . About 7 miles down 43 in Park County. Left at the split. Water the whole way but not a first hike of the season. Steep and rocky. Worth it though.
I'll pm before next weeks hike, we were thinking Rolling Creek. We only do weekdays, but try too keep it at 3-5 hours. And eat lunch after wards.

24 Jun 2010 14:02 #5 by The Viking
Replied by The Viking on topic Great hiking

JMC wrote: Deal V, it is at the south entrance to Mt Evans Wilderness . About 7 miles down 43 in Park County. Left at the split. Water the whole way but not a first hike of the season. Steep and rocky. Worth it though.
I'll pm before next weeks hike, we were thinking Rolling Creek. We only do weekdays, but try too keep it at 3-5 hours. And eat lunch after wards.

How long of a hike is the one you just did?

24 Jun 2010 14:06 #6 by JMC
We did about 4 hours today, but there is loop that is about 2.5 You can also go 6 to Roosevelt Lakes ( I hope the name is not a prob. Think Teddy not Franklin). Rolling Creek is 3-4

24 Jun 2010 16:17 #7 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Great hiking

LopingAlong wrote: But if I could come along and we talked politics, it'd be two to one and those are good odds! :)

JMC, is that a good trail for riding a horse? Is it rocky most the way? Were there lots of people or few? Thanks for the info.

Ooooh! And if I came along we'd have awesome odds plus I have a pointy stick.
Can't do weekdays, though, darn it. This working for a living interferes with my lifestyle, but I've gotten fond of eating and living indoors so guess I'll stick with it. :biggrin:

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

24 Jun 2010 16:26 #8 by JMC
LA, rocky but plenty of horses and they seem to fine , weekends are more crowded ( dogs). Lots of water for your horses.
Sorry RF , you are always welcome but weekends get too crowded, Talk to D, he could join us.

24 Jun 2010 16:46 #9 by RivendaleFarms
Replied by RivendaleFarms on topic Great hiking
D's a slave driver. With spreadsheets.

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

24 Jun 2010 18:26 #10 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Great hiking
I went on a hike when I was camping years ago with a bunch of women near Golden Gate. Did not know what I was doing and we got lost really bad. That scared me. I was stupid to go with people I did not know that well.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds