Help please - can someone name a mountain?

27 Feb 2012 09:41 #1 by ScienceChic
From our Facebook page:
Is anybody in the 285 Bound area able to name a mountain for me? If one is at the stoplight at 285 and Mt. Evans Boulevard, Mt. Rosalie can be seen down Mt. Evans Boulevard. To the right of that is a smaller mountain with what appears to be several large rock outcroppings towards the top, spaced evenly apart. That mountain can also be seen "behind" Smoky the Bear at Roland Valley. What is the name of that mountain, and can it be reached for a hike? Thanks in advance for your help!

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Feb 2012 11:47 #2 by Photo-fish

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

27 Feb 2012 12:00 #3 by ScienceChic

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

27 Feb 2012 15:27 #4 by LOL
I thought it was Mt. Evans just to the right of and behind Rosalie, viewed from Pine Junction? The triangular peak?
http://digital.denverlibrary.org/cdm/si ... 7710/rec/3

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

27 Feb 2012 17:37 #5 by Martin Ent Inc

28 Feb 2012 18:38 #6 by Photo-fish
Joe, I think that picture you linked to is from the Guanella pass side. The sawtooth is very pronounced from that direction.

I didn't think the peak of Mt Evans was visible from Pine Junction. I though the hump of Rosedale peak was in the way.

I assumed the poster was talking about Pegmatite Points, which are access by Tanglewood Trail. I guess you could also take Meridian Trail and then walk the ridge to the 'Points'.

I'm planning weekend camp trip to Roosevelt lakes this summer. Gotta be during a full moon though.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

28 Feb 2012 18:45 #7 by LOL
You know Photo Fish, I'm not sure either. The DenverLibrary link said the pic was taken from McClellan Mtn wherever that is.

I do know another good viewpoint is coming down 126 into Buffalo Creek toward Pine- that long straight down hill you can see Mt Logan and Rosalie and I think Mt Evans pretty well.

Anyway its nice hiking the Tanglewood trail, been up there a couple times, but not up to tree line. I have some pics of that area somewhere.

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

28 Feb 2012 18:54 #8 by Photo-fish
Just checked and McClellan is on the Guanella side.

Joe wrote: I do know another good viewpoint is coming down 126 into Buffalo Creek toward Pine- that long straight down hill you can see Mt Logan and Rosalie and I think Mt Evans pretty well.

Agreed. Nice view from there and hiking in the burn area.

28 Feb 2012 19:10 #9 by LOL
I always wondered why the road at Pine Junction was named Mt. Evans Blvd. Anyone know?

29 Feb 2012 06:42 #10 by Photo-fish
It leads to the Mt. Evans wilderness area?

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds