Park County Fishing Report

25 Jun 2010 22:32 #11 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Park County Fishing Report
So, how has the fishing been guys?

I have caught two bass only it has been so hot. And the bass are about 3 weeks behind on the spawn. Planning to get out there maybe tomorrow. Moon phase not been good for lake fishing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

27 Jun 2010 17:53 #12 by Photo-fish
I have been camping throughout UT and AZ for about 2 weeks but managed to hit Jefferson lake on Friday. Still some splotches of snow here and there but lake is fishing very good from shore. They stocked it with over 40,000 fish over the past month including 20,000 sub-catchable rainbows. These are a bit of a nuisance right now as they will take anything on a small hook. A larger hook was bringing in a 12-15" trout on almost every other cast.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

27 Jun 2010 19:01 #13 by CinnamonGirl
Thanks for the update

I was bringing in 5" trout there a few weeks ago at quincy. (5 minutes from me) The Bass were not biting because they had so many of those to eat.

28 Jun 2010 06:43 #14 by Photo-fish
Bigger hook = bigger fish :thumbsup:

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

28 Jun 2010 09:03 #15 by CinnamonGirl
Hey, I caught a 17" Bass a few weeks ago on a size #14 copper john.

30 Jun 2010 22:49 #16 by CinnamonGirl
Fishing Report- Quincy caught a 15" bass. But I swear i may have missed a muskie tonight. I threw out my pole, I have a two pole license, and set it against the rail on the dock. While I was walking away something grabbed the hook and TOOK OFF! My pole looked like it was going to break and started to get pulled over the top of the railing. Brought in my line and it was cleanly cut off. It didn't even look broken. It looked cut. 10lb. test. Muskie usually just grab and go. I don't know.

I didn't get him. But I did catch a bass.

Happy fishing.

Robyn

04 Aug 2010 08:36 #17 by Photo-fish
Article on the woes of fishing the "Dream Stream" section of the S. Platte.

Look at the size of those flies!! Gotta be #28 or smaller!!

Not a big fan of 'combat fishing' and rarely go to those places like Spinney, Deckers or 11 Mile Canyon. I will take an occasional 'sick day' and hit them on a Tuesday or Wednesday to beat the crowds.
:fishing:

http://www.denverpost.com/huntfish/ci_15670489

12 Aug 2010 08:42 #18 by Photo-fish
Jefferson Lake and Tarryall Reservoir were both stocked this past week, as well as the Deckers portion of the South Platte.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Fishing/Reports/StockingReport/

12 Aug 2010 08:52 #19 by CinnamonGirl
Photo Fish where do you catch salmon?

12 Aug 2010 16:23 #20 by Photo-fish
Milwaukee. (seriously there is excellent salmon fishing there)

I don't fish for salmon in Colorado. In the Fall you can catch them (snag more than anything really) as they come out of 11 Mile Reservoir on the South Platte. I have heard there is some nice ones in Green Mountain Reservoir north of Dillon. The only other place I have caught them was when I wet a line at Cheesman Reservoir a few years ago. Cheeseman is closed righ now for dam repairs. I would think if you could hike to the inlet of Cheeseman Reservoir, you would have good luck with fall spawners there too.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds