The Avengers - Now Open & Breaking Box Office Records!!!

14 Aug 2011 02:57 #1 by ScienceChic
I know this is a year away, but anything that gets leaked or released about this movie will go here! And this artwork is worth mentioning! :biggrin:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50541
THE AVENGERS are now fully assembled in pre-production art form!
Published at: Jul 24, 2011
MARVEL absolutely knows how to play COMIC CON - releasing pieces of a large AVENGERS Mural that have only been completed today. Yesterday, they debuted these two:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Aug 2011 23:19 #2 by ScienceChic
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50903
"I have an army!" "We have a Hulk!" Avengers footage details from D23 here!!!
Published at: Aug 20, 2011 4:58:48 PM CDT

SPOILER ALERT !!
Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. My favorite stuff of the big Disney Studios event was a look at Frankenweenie (think Burton’s Vincent done with the sophistication of The Corpse Bride, in black and white), the two scenes from The Muppets (hilarious use of We Built This City On Rock And Roll) and, thank God, Marvel Studios Avengers presentation.

I was furiously taking notes at the event, so I’ll do my best to recount the footage, but what I will say straight off the bat… THIS is what should have played after Captain America.

Click the link for detailed description of the footage!

The closing bit, my favorite part, starts on Robert Downey Jr.’s Tony Stark as he’s making a martini. He says, “Let’s do a head count. We have two trained assassins (images of Black Widow and Hawkeye), a demi-God (images of Thor raising his hammer to the skies as lightning effects –the actual bolts not put in yet- surround him), a living legend, who kind of lives up to the legend (shot of Cap in full costume and shield)…” We see Stark is talking to Loki, who interrupts with “I have an army!” and Stark fires right back with “We have a Hulk!” and bam, a few seconds of the Ruffalo Hulk roaring. A deep green color, but it was hard to tell more details. He was darkly lit, but it did look pretty rad.

I’m not the biggest Joss Whedon fan ever, so it means a something when I say that I was impressed by this footage.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/50884
See Two Of The AVENGERS Fighting Side By Side In Cleveland New York!! Now With THOR -vs- Car!! And More Whedon Boom!!
Published at: Aug 19, 2011
An AICN reader sent in this message and video from THE AVENGERS shoot in Cleveland.
[youtube:2pv3du72]
[/youtube:2pv3du72]

As an actor, this kind of scene has to be so much fun shooting!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... QPPxkdNtjk
Thor Hits a Car with Mjolnir

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

11 Oct 2011 13:55 #3 by RenegadeCJ

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

11 Oct 2011 14:11 #4 by Blazer Bob
This is the first thing I thought of.

[youtube:1qlc4uel]
[/youtube:1qlc4uel]

29 Jan 2012 15:46 #5 by ScienceChic
Seems movie studios are increasingly using Twitter to generate buzz for their upcoming flicks:

http://marvel.com/news/story/18016/marv ... on_twitter
Marvel's The Avengers Assemble on Twitter
Marvel Studios sponsors global Twitter chat with director & cast for fans around the world!
Posted Jan 27, 2012

Marvel Studios announced today that they will be sponsoring a Global Twitter Chat on Tuesday, January 31, 2012 at 11 a.m. PST with cast members and the director of their highly anticipated action-adventure “Marvel’s The Avengers,” opening in theaters on May 4, 2012. The 30-minute live tweeting event features writer/director Joss Whedon and cast members Tom Hiddleston and Clark Gregg.

Fans around the world will be able to participate in the Q&A on Twitter by using the @Avengers handle and the #Avengers hashtag. Participating fans will have the opportunity to see a 10-second tease of the 30-second Super Bowl spot that will air during Super Bowl XLVI on February 5 on NBC. They will also have a chance to answer “Avengers” trivia for a chance to win “Avengers” prize packs.

International fans will be able to submit questions for the talent in their native language through a global translation tool provided by Ortsbo.com. The chat will be moderated by Marvel’s @Agent_M.

It all happens Here! Tuesday at noon. Got any questions? I am going to participate! :biggrin:

Avengers Facebook Page

09 Feb 2012 13:26 #6 by ScienceChic
Oh yeah Baby! This just keeps getting better and better!!! :woo hoo: Anyone wanna come with me when it opens at midnight on the 4th? :biggrin:

[youtube:21lzv8ib]
[/youtube:21lzv8ib]

13 Mar 2012 14:13 #7 by ScienceChic
Tickets On Sale Now in Select Cities

No, Denver's not one of 'em. But if you're going to be in one of the other cities that are available when it opens - hop on 'em! :thumbsup:

03 Apr 2012 11:05 #8 by ScienceChic
This just keeps getting better and better every time I see a new one! The latest TV spot:

[youtube:ld2ky2js]
[/youtube:ld2ky2js]

Full Trailer
[youtube:ld2ky2js]
[/youtube:ld2ky2js]

11 Apr 2012 09:58 #9 by ScienceChic
This made me chuckle. lol

[youtube:2bog1mj0]
[/youtube:2bog1mj0]

11 Apr 2012 22:25 #10 by ScienceChic
But of course. :biggrin:

Joss Whedon Weighs in on Buffy vs. The Avengers‘ Natasha Romanoff
By Madeleine Davies
Apr 11, 2012
When asked who would win in a fight between the teenage vamp killer and the Avengers' Natasha Romanoff (played in the movie by Scarlett Johansson's wig), the Buffy creator responded in awesome detail:

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds