The Hunger Games

10 Apr 2013 07:14 #11 by FredHayek
Replied by FredHayek on topic The Hunger Games
Collin's says that was her inspiration but I think the Battle Royale film and book is where her ideas came from. Battle Royale is about bad Japanese school kids who are sentenced to an island to fight it out with each other every year.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Apr 2013 17:26 #12 by ScienceChic
Replied by ScienceChic on topic The Hunger Games
I'm already seeing some obvious deviations from the book that, while they do not change the plot, they do change the intent a bit and already mildly annoy me. Of course, with Donald Sutherland and Phillip Seymour Hoffman as bad guys, it's gonna be great no matter what. :thumbsup:

[youtube:2fyhwdmg]
[/youtube:2fyhwdmg]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

16 Apr 2013 23:45 #13 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic The Hunger Games

Science Chic wrote: I'm already seeing some obvious deviations from the book that, while they do not change the plot, they do change the intent a bit and already mildly annoy me. Of course, with Donald Sutherland and Phillip Seymour Hoffman as bad guys, it's gonna be great no matter what. :thumbsup:

I really liked the first one, and the trailer for the second looks really good too, so I'll hold off on the books. :biggrin:

16 Apr 2013 23:46 #14 by Jekyll
Replied by Jekyll on topic The Hunger Games

homeagain wrote: Kinda skimmed over the previous reviews, so NOT sure this was brought forward.

Collins book concept came from her viewing contrasting TV programming......sitting watching "realty show TV" one hour and then finding global/national conflict within the same hour of viewing.....the PROFOUND juxtaposition brought forth the "Hunger Games"......introspection at it's PINNACLE.

I could get some crazy cool ideas for films the same way! :like:

09 Aug 2013 15:59 #15 by ScienceChic
SWEET!!!! I can't wait to see this!

[youtube:33ack42d]
[/youtube:33ack42d]

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

09 Aug 2013 18:12 #16 by Blazer Bob
Replied by Blazer Bob on topic The Hunger Games
Is this # 3? I enjoyed reading the trilogy. I have not seen the movies. Should I? In general my experience is that even a good movie will disappoint if I have read the book first.

Science Chic wrote: SWEET!!!! I can't wait to see this!

[youtube:1d6rnybx]

[/youtube:1d6rnybx]

03 Oct 2013 12:46 #17 by ScienceChic
Bob, this is the 2nd book in the trilogy. Mockingjay is the last and is being split into 2 movies, the 1st slated to release in Nov 2014 and the 2nd in Nov 2015. I hate when they split them up that far apart - they should release Part 2 in May 2015. http://screenrant.com/hunger-games-mock ... dy-186360/

Video embedded in the link below.

'Catching Fire' Tickets Now on Sale, Plus Watch Exclusive IMAX Behind-the-Frame Featurette
By: Derrick Deane on October 1, 2013

As an added bonus, if you buy tickets on Fandango, you'll receive a free song download and be entered in a sweepstakes where you could win a trip to Oahu where part of the movie was filmed!

And finally, because we know you can't get enough of the "Girl on Fire," check out our exclusive IMAX Behind-the-Frame featurette which takes you behind the scenes of one of the biggest movie events hitting theaters this holiday season.

File Attachment:

30 Oct 2013 09:30 #18 by ScienceChic
Exclusive Final Trailer. I love the music!

http://www.thehungergamesexplorer.com/us/

[youtube:6wp7m21k]
[/youtube:6wp7m21k]

05 Nov 2013 09:07 #19 by ScienceChic
It did kinda turn out that way!

File Attachment:

From the Nerdgasm Facebook Page

17 Nov 2013 16:07 #20 by ScienceChic
I'm going to have to wait to see this until next week, since Friday and Saturday are entirely devoted to setting up and attending the Holiday Wine Tasting, Decadent Desserts, & Festival of Trees, but I'll get there!

[youtube:1qmasnxb]
[/youtube:1qmasnxb]

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds