Totally Wicked Rehearsal for Fight Scene in Serenity

25 Mar 2012 16:43 #1 by ScienceChic
I can't see this myself on Firefox, but it shows up in Google Chrome.

As I've mentioned a few times before, I think Joss Whedon is a writing and filming god. :biggrin: Firefly was one of his best TV series ever, and the movie sequel, Serenity, one of my faves. I just saw this story of the River Tam bar fight scene compared to a rehearsal of it - wicked cool! The movie scene is the YouTube below, the rehearsal is in the link below.

Enjoy!

Two Different Views of the 'Serenity' Bar Fight Scene (Video of the Day)
Carol Pinchefsky, Contributor
3/24/2012

[youtube:184jnq0d]
[/youtube:184jnq0d]

And, of course, a trip down memory lane...

And the best for last.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Oct 2013 10:10 #2 by ScienceChic
Whoo-hoo! I only hope that Whedon is involved with the writing...he's not busy you know. LOL

Dark Horse Can't Stop the Signal, Relaunches 'Serenity'
9/20/2013 by Graeme McMillan
Dark Horse Comics will relaunch "Firefly" with art from longtime Joss Whedon collaborator (and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" artist) Georges Jeanty.

Following up on a number of teases, Dark Horse Comics has confirmed that it will be launching a new Serenity comic that takes place following the movie, with art by Buffy the Vampire Slayer artist Georges Jeanty.

Comic Book Resources broke the news today , explaining that when the series opens, the remaining crew of the Serenity will have to deal with the fallout of their actions: "With River Tam in the co-pilot chair and a very pregnant Zoe reeling from the death of her husband, Wash, Mal is finding himself and his ship in greater danger than ever."

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

30 Sep 2014 10:56 - 30 Sep 2014 11:01 #3 by ScienceChic
Wow, it was really 9 years ago today that the movie came out? No wonder I'm cranky - I haven't had enough Serenity lately! B) :P

I echo the sentiment posted by Jim Wright at the link below (and if you are a fan of the show, you know that it's a reference to something Mal does). Today I aim to misbehave. :biggrin:

www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=73384685...theater¬if_t=like

To start off with, here are Firefly's 15 Best Chinese Curses (and How to Say Them) (caution: strong language)
By James Daniels
Thursday, November 4, 2010
神聖的睾丸

Attachments:

30 Sep 2014 12:02 #4 by FredHayek
Cool beans. Will have to order the Serentiy graphic novel, been reading GOT graphic novels before the new season starts.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

19 Feb 2018 16:07 #5 by ScienceChic
In honor of a new member who recently joined MyMountainTown and chose the most fabulous username ever, RiverTam, I had to bump this thread to say welcome! :)

And do a search for other threads on Firefly, which led me to find this one: Shepherd Book Has Passed. I miss this show...

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds