'Fifty Shades of Grey' Needs a New Christian

14 Oct 2013 23:38 #1 by ScienceChic
Lead actor just dropped out...I'm hoping this means Matt Bomer is back in the running! :droolpuddle: It might actually make me find time to read the books!

'Fifty Shades of Grey' Needs a New Christian After Charlie Hunnam Quits
By Brian Anthony Hernandez
Oct 13, 2013
File Attachment:

Actor Charlie Hunnam, who was cast in September as young billionaire Christian Grey, will no longer assume the role of the movie's leading man.

Dakota Johnson, 24, will still play Anastasia Steele, but who will star beside her in the film — premiering Aug. 1, 2014 — is up in the air. Fan favorites such as Ian Somerhalder, Matt Bomer and Henry Cavill (pictured above from left to right) are some of the names being tossed around as possible replacements.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 Oct 2013 06:53 #2 by homeagain
Didn't read the book, won't see the movie........JMO.....the hype is a turn off and the subject
matter is a "yawn"......didn't do the Twilight series either......Now, Anne Rice and her vast array
of characters/stories......THAT is another matter.....worthy of a hearty discussion.....JMO
(SC, the hat is a hoot!)

15 Oct 2013 07:19 #3 by FredHayek
He is too old, but I always imagined Christian Bale when I read the first book.
He was so good as that type of character in American Psycho.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 Oct 2013 15:19 #4 by CG2

(SC, the hat is a hoot!)

That hat was made by me and I am not thrilled to see it still being used.

20 Oct 2013 15:44 #5 by Blondie

CG2 wrote:

(SC, the hat is a hoot!)

Geez CG2 pick up your marbles and go home already

20 Oct 2013 15:56 #6 by ScienceChic

CG2 wrote:

(SC, the hat is a hoot!)

Seriously? You're going to have issues with my avatar? I found that hat on the internet, asked you if you'd mind adding it onto the avatar I'd already had - again, that I'd found and used from the very beginning of my time on PC, and you modified the avatar out of the goodness of your own heart just for fun back when we got along. I added the cat myself the following year. Get a grip Robin.

:smackshead:

Edit to add: I'm not thrilled to see my own business website still being used against me in breach of our contract terms.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

20 Oct 2013 16:25 #7 by FOS

CG2 wrote:

(SC, the hat is a hoot!)

Was it covered under the non disclosure?

Which rule did she break?

20 Oct 2013 16:56 #8 by pacamom

CG2 wrote:

(SC, the hat is a hoot!)

Really? You pick this thread to crybaby about an avatar? Go away Robin. You are nothing. Just go away.

21 Oct 2013 09:14 #9 by CG2

Science Chic wrote:

CG2 wrote:

(SC, the hat is a hoot!)

Seriously? You're going to have issues with my avatar? I found that hat on the internet, asked you if you'd mind adding it onto the avatar I'd already had - again, that I'd found and used from the very beginning of my time on PC, and you modified the avatar out of the goodness of your own heart just for fun back when we got along. I added the cat myself the following year. Get a grip Robin.

:smackshead:

Edit to add: I'm not thrilled to see my own business website still being used against me in breach of our contract terms.

I found it ironic.

21 Oct 2013 09:27 #10 by archer
Really CG....you are comparing a witches hat added to an avatar, especially when said witches hat was found by SC, to the theft of SC's business, her reputation, the advertisers she worked so hard to acquire to make her business a success....... I am finding that simply beyond comprehension.

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds