Going To Watch The GOP Presidential Debate Tonight?

06 Aug 2015 09:24 #1 by FredHayek
Looks like the minor league candidate debate will be the undercard.
I put this in the entertainment category since a ten man debate can't be looked at seriously.

Two reasons to watch? While these debates won't guarantee victory for anyone, they can implode a campaign, #rickperry, if someone makes a major gaffe. Second reason? Make a drinking game for every time the Iran Treaty, Benghazi, and illegal immigration are mentioned.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

06 Aug 2015 12:06 #2 by jf1acai
It will be interesting to see if they talk mostly about what THEY will do, or about what Obama et al. have done.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

06 Aug 2015 14:18 #3 by jf1acai
I guess I don't need to worry about watching it...

The first debate of the 2016 presidential campaign will air on Fox News Channel and will stream at FoxNews.com — but online viewing is only open for cable television subscribers. The unavailability of a free, legal online stream of the debate means the Republican Party will miss out on a valuable chance to present its message to a legion of cord-cutting Millennials.

- www.thedenverchannel.com/news/dont-have-...-presidential-debate

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

06 Aug 2015 14:23 - 06 Aug 2015 14:25 #4 by FredHayek
Bad marketing. I wonder if it will be on radio somewhere?
They should have put it on the local Fox stations.

06 Aug 2015 16:00 #5 by RenegadeCJ
That seems weird. Guess I can't watch it either! That is ok. It will be on 630 KHOW, so I can listen. The radio will be just fine.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

06 Aug 2015 18:12 #6 by ScienceChic
Watch this? In the eloquent words of my DH, I'd rather have my balls pounded flat with a wooden mallet.

I'm pretty sure the drinking game I've seen proposed will result in several ER admissions tonight for emergency stomach pumpings. :biggrin:

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Aug 2015 07:42 #7 by FredHayek
Personally I find debates useless. I choose them based on their record instead of empty promises. Elect doers not talkers.

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds