Wonder Woman 1984 - June 5, 2020

09 Dec 2019 09:21 #1 by ScienceChic
She's riding freaking lightning using her lasso, a la Spiderman. :heart:

Warner Bros. Pictures
A new era of wonder begins. #WW84 in theaters June 5.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

09 Dec 2019 10:50 #2 by FredHayek
Trailer didn't impress me, but I understand that much of the movie still needs to be completed so I remain hopeful.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

09 Dec 2019 14:57 #3 by koobookie
Can't wait. It's gonna be awesome.

10 Dec 2019 07:04 #4 by homeagain
The really cool part about this lead actress.....she has been in the military and IS the real deal.....
a fighter in film AND in real life.....Chris Pine has been superb in ALL of the characters he has
created.....he has honed his craft.

30 Dec 2019 12:34 #5 by FredHayek
The new trailer is much better, touching on the 80's date, adds more humor, and more romance. And I love 80's era soundtracks!

13 Feb 2020 11:28 #6 by ScienceChic
Cheetah was one of my favorite characters in the Wonder Woman comics - I can't wait to see how they portray her here! The video interview was fun to watch (link below), they definitely all had great chemistry, and obvious fun, working together.

Wonder Woman 1984: How a top-secret love story and brand new armor promise to make the sequel sing
By Leah Greenblatt, Entertainment Weekly | February 11, 2020

“I think that when I just started, I didn’t understand the magnitude and how much this character means to people,” she says. “I was feeling like the little girl who’s supposed to climb the Kilimanjaro mountain, scratching my head and thinking, ‘How the hell am I going to do this?’ But now I feel like I know where I’m going and I know what we’re doing. If in the first movie Diana didn’t understand the complexities of mankind, now she completely understands it…. She loves people, and I think that’s the key to this character, you know? She has the powers of a goddess, but she has the heart of a human.” And the wings, too, to make it fly.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

23 Aug 2020 10:37 #7 by ScienceChic
New trailer hints at how Steve Trevor may have "come back." I can't wait to see the fights with Cheetah that we catch glimpses of here.

24 Aug 2020 11:44 #8 by FredHayek
I thought Steve was going to be a nephew, but there are no boundaries in the DC universe.

03 Sep 2020 08:15 #9 by FredHayek
Saw a new trailer last night, and the film does look like it will be more of a comedy than I was expecting. Pine is back as his WWI character. Maybe a Captain America frozen excuse for him to return? So some of the film is him adapting to a new world. Looks like Kristen Wig is Cheetah, one of Wonder Woman's archenemies, one I don't have much experience with so I am looking forward to that. Surprised they chose a comedienne for the role, but hopefully it works out.

06 Dec 2020 21:03 #10 by ScienceChic
Early WW84 reviews are in, and all are glowing. This will be released in theatres and on HBO Max on December 25th.
Twitter reviews

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds