Upcoming Marvel Movies: Here’s What’s Next in Phase Four and Beyond

03 Mar 2021 18:21 #1 by ScienceChic
I have been totally enjoying WandaVision and am looking forward to Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Loki to come to Disney+, but it's not quite the same as the big theatrical release on the silver screen. Luckily, we've got 4 Marvel films slated for this year, starting with the long-delayed Black Widow, and 4 more next year! Here's the run down:

Upcoming Marvel Movies: Here’s What’s Next in Phase Four and Beyond
From 'Black Widow' to 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3', we've got all the Phase 4 updates you need.
By Adam Chitwood, Collider | Updated Jan 28, 2021

With the release of Avengers: Endgame, Marvel Studios capped off a 22-film saga. The story began with 2008’s Iron Man, and since that time we’ve seen new heroes introduced, compelling combinations of characters intermingled, and even a few characters bite the dust. And while previous team-up movies like The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron had a sense of finality to them, Endgame was a true, genuine ending to the 21 movies that have come before it. Nothing will be the same after Endgame.

To that end, Marvel Studios kept a tight lid on what films might be next, refusing to confirm any Marvel movie release dates beyond Spider-Man: Far from Home. That is, until San Diego Comic-Con 2019, where Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige took the stage and pulled back the curtain on the first two years of films in Marvel's Phase 4.

Word of many of those projects had already leaked, but it's always nice to get confirmation. So with that in mind we’ve put together a complete list of all the upcoming Marvel movies that we know are in the works.

Check it out below, and click through for a complete calendar of all the upcoming superhero movie release dates confirmed thus far.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

17 Mar 2021 21:49 #2 by ScienceChic
The first Disney+ TV show of Marvel's Phase 4 just wrapped a couple of weeks ago, WandaVision, and it was superb. Next up is Falcon and The Winter Soldier starting this Friday, followed by Black Widow in the theatre and then Loki on Disney+.

Early 'The Falcon and the Winter Soldier' reactions praise the show's exploration of fan favorites
By Proma Khosla, Mashable | March 12, 2021

It's been a whole week since Marvel fans got new content, and in 2021 that is a veritable drought.

But select reporters did get early screeners of the upcoming Falcon and the Winter Soldier, the standalone series focused on Sam Wilson's Falcon (Anthony Mackie) and the Winter Soldier aka Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan). Bucky and Sam have never quite hit it off, and their odd-couple dynamic promises to be a foundational pillar of the series. Now they must band together as friends partners coworkers in the post-Captain America world, bonded by their missing friend and the events of Infinity War and Endgame.

WandaVision [spoilers] wrap-up

FTWS trailers

Black Widow final trailer

Loki trailer

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

18 Mar 2021 08:35 #3 by homeagain
I am EAGERLY awaiting AVATAR2.....TOP GUN2 kinda is intriguing,but I never got into the Mission
Impossible franchise. NOW,Jayson Bourne with Matt Damon is my all time fav.

23 Mar 2021 08:45 #4 by ScienceChic
Avatar 2 I am waiting to see more info about, I'm on the fence. I dislike Tom Cruise so I have no desire to see TG2 or any of his other movies. It would be nice to see another Bourne movie, especially if they were to combine Matt Damon and Jeremy Renner's characters in one movie - I liked them both as enhanced human warriors.

Back to Marvel. The 1st Falcon and The Winter Soldier was fantastic; the Mashable article below makes a good point, though I think that the TV series will enhance, not ruin, the big blockbuster movies in a much more in-depth way that Agents of SHIELD did early in its run. If you haven't seen FATWS and don't want spoilers, don't read the full article or watch the video below that.

Caution: SPOILERS in full article
'The Falcon and the Winter Soldier' has ruined Marvel movies forever — and that's a good thing
By Proma Khosla, Mashable | March 19,. 2021

Before you all pile into portals and launch an attack, this is the highest possible praise. One needn't look further than the ambition and reach of WandaVision to see that MCU superheroes thrive on the small screen. Disney+'s The Falcon and the Winter Soldier similarly luxuriates in emotional exploration, punctuating its sky-born battles not with exposition, but with wonderful, rich character development. It will be jarring indeed to go back to formulaic (if enjoyable) superhero fare after shows like these.

Obviously, character depth in the MCU is not new. It is what makes the 12-years-and-counting franchise so resonant, from Tony's first moments in a cave to the broken Avengers navigating life after Thanos' snap in Endgame. But it was always a privilege afforded only to top-billed heroes because we had a story to move along, a saga to keep rolling.

In the Marvel TV universe, things couldn't be more different. Sam and Bucky spend the entire first hour of their six-episode team up completely apart, never mind that the show is literally named after their alliance. We catch up with them separately and at a leisurely pace, because they have their own shit to deal with.

Quiet moments have always been some of the MCU's best, and they shine more than ever on Disney+.

13 Apr 2021 13:48 #5 by ScienceChic
Mid-season trailer for The Falcon and The Winter Soldier:

Loki Trailer 2

14 Apr 2021 09:28 #6 by FredHayek
I read an interview with the Loki actor and he was pleasantly surprised how many years the Loki character has survived. Most villains are gone after a one film.

I am getting tired of Black Widow constantly being postponed. We have our vaccines, give us the movie!

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

03 May 2021 19:11 - 03 May 2021 19:29 #7 by ScienceChic
This made me tear up listening to Stan Lee remind us that we are all one family.

I love being with people. It's the most incredible feeling in the world. That world may change and evolve, but the one thing that will never change: we're all part of one big family.

That man next to you, he's your brother. That woman over there, she's your sister.

We're all part of one universe that moves ever upward and onward to greater glory.

-Stan Lee

September 3, 3021: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

November 5, 2021: The Eternals
IMDb Page for The Eternals

07 May 2021 14:00 #8 by ScienceChic

You’ve got a new earlier date with the God of Mischief! Marvel Studios’ Loki is now set to debut on Disney+ on June 9, moving up two days from the previously announced June 11. This also means that Loki is making the jump to mid-week, because haven’t you heard? Wednesdays are the new Fridays.

In a brand new video, which you can watch above, honoring some of our mightiest Avengers — you know, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the usual — Tom Hiddleston can’t help but feel Loki’s left out of the roundup. “Arguably, he’s incredibly heroic himself,” Hiddleston states, continuing on with the fact that Loki is, “Cunning. Charming. I could go on, but maybe I could just prove it to you.”

www.marvel.com/articles/tv-shows/loki-we...-release-disney-plus

24 May 2021 23:33 #9 by ScienceChic
Love this cast and can't wait for it to drop this November!

Easter eggs explained

The Eternals

07 Jun 2021 16:27 #10 by ScienceChic
Final Black Widow trailer:

Marvel has been really hyping Loki with short clips, it starts the day after tomorrow.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds