Upcoming Marvel Movies: Here’s What’s Next in Phase Four and Beyond

23 Dec 2021 15:25 #21 by ScienceChic
Teaser trailer for Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness dropped! Opening May 6th.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 Mar 2022 16:54 #22 by FredHayek
Saw the Dr Strange trailer. It was strange, but I was intrigued. Wanda is in it, now I need to catch up on her series.

Thomas Sowell: There are no solutions, just trade-offs.

20 May 2022 19:28 #23 by ScienceChic
The fam and I went last weekend to see Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. It was constantly moving, the cameos weren't shoe-horned in but felt a natural part of the story, and it was visually spectacular. It made me laugh, cheer, and cry; I will re-watch this often. Go see it on the big screen!

What's next? Whatever you'd like most to see. :)

So, What Is Marvel's Phase 4 Actually About?
In a post-Infinity Saga world, Marvel's new multiverse feels more unfocused than ever—and that might be a good thing.
By James Whitbrook, Gizmodo | Thursday 2:50PM

And yet, Phase 4 feels different to what came before, and not just because of its hybrid release format encompassing TV and film. If Thanos was the minor, but ever-present driving force that propelled the MCU’s first decade, then a few years in Phase 4 is lacking anything really of a similar sort.

After that decade of illusory planning—and more particular the idea that, because of it, every Marvel release is essential for even the most casual fan, as all parts build to a grander whole—that relative disharmony may seem like a negative to a fandom that has, intentionally so by the studio, been trained to relish those connections and consume as much Marvel mania as possible, regardless of where it releases. But if anything, Phase 4's lack of cohesion on this front is a benefit in the way it feels closer to the world of its comic book source material than every before. Superhero comics, for better or worse, are a wild medium to get into, if only because of the sheer depth and history behind characters that have eons of stories and retcons in their names. But to read Marvel Comics in the 21st century, you don’t really have to read everything the company puts out. You can chase characters you like, teams you’re interested in, and individual story arcs and events that draw your attention, because while characters can move around between titles and different social circles, you don’t have to understand the whole of Earth-616 to care about what’s happening with Spider-Man or the X-Men. (The latter are a perfect example of this right now, ascendant in an age of comics that makes it easier than ever to just read X-Men comics without a care in the world as to what other superheroes are up to.) There’s something freeing about that, after the daunting initial idea of stepping your toes into such a vast medium, to be able to pick and choose what matters to you.

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

07 Aug 2022 01:16 #24 by ScienceChic
SDCC 2022: All of the Marvel Studios News Coming Out of Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con
Welcome to the Multiverse Saga with new films in theaters and series streaming on Disney+
by Rachel Paige | July 23, 2022

Marvel Studios returned to Hall H at San Diego Comic-Con 2022 and packed a punch with a robust rollout of series and films coming soon to the Marvel Cinematic Universe! Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige (who was wearing a Miss Minutes hat) lead those in the room through a walkthrough of what’s coming next for the MCU — Phase 5 and beyond — and delighted the audience with surprises around every corner of the ever-expanding universe.

Marvel Studios welcomes you to the Multiverse Saga.

August 17, 2022:

November 11, 2022:

20 Dec 2022 18:28 #25 by ScienceChic
It wasn't as amazing as the 1st movie, but I thoroughly enjoyed Black Panther 2: Wakanda Forever. While not as neat and overall satisfying as the first (it’s dealing with too much sadness to be your typical Marvel superhero flick with a fight at the end that solves everything), it was superbly done as a follow-up to the first. The world is reacting to Wakanda opening up to selectively share more, and it has consequences for Wakanda. This movie was definitely more emotional, and had 3 shocking revelations/turn of events that all made me gasp.

Angela Bassett kills it with her performance as does Danai Gurira, they deserve Oscars. Winston Duke was fabulous.

She-Hulk was done kinda weird, I can't say I enjoyed it all that much, but I hope we see the character again in the future. Excited for more of the TV shows though, especially Loki!
LOKI Season 2 Releases First Look Footage
by Nerdist | Dec 19 2022

The first season of Loki on Disney+ brought back Tom Hiddleston as the seemingly unkillable Asgardian God of MischiefOpens in new tab. And it was a huge success. It introduced MCU fans to the Time Variance Authority, or TVA, who watch over the timeline of the known universe. Loki also formally introduced the concept of the Marvel MultiverseOpens in new tab. Something that will play a big part in the MCU going forward. The series also gave Loki a perfect foil in the form of his variant Sylvie. Perhaps most importantly, So far it’s the only MCU series to get a second season. But what wild adventures through the spacetime continuum will Loki’s second round include?

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds