× Dr. Mike Brooks can help you improve your marriage and personal or work relationships using his over 30 years experience. | Website | 303-456-0555 | This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

So you want to have an affair? (relationships)

23 Sep 2010 12:24 #31 by Nobody that matters

DrMike wrote: How would you handle finding out that your spouse is cheating on you? Would you seek getting help, file for divorce, leave?

My wife and I discussed this before our wedding.

If someone cheats, they've already decided on a divorce - they just didn't file the paperwork.

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Sep 2010 12:54 #32 by BuyersAgent1

dmcdd wrote: Sorry, I'll be good :biggrin: :thumbsup:

Gee I'm the one who suggested a more thorough remedy so probably was more deserving of the reminder, I'll be good too. lol

23 Sep 2010 14:49 #33 by DrMike
Great insight dmcdd, not many couples will even consider talking about affairs before the wedding. Great communication you have!

23 Sep 2010 14:56 #34 by DrMike
JusSaying, I just sent you a PM.

23 Sep 2010 16:42 #35 by JusSayin

DrMike wrote: JusSaying, I just sent you a PM.

Yes, Dr. Mike, I saw it. Thanks. I guess I need to be sensitive to other people's hurts while no one here cares about mine.

I won't ask for help or advice anymore.

23 Sep 2010 16:49 #36 by DrMike
JusSaying, give me a call, let's see what I can do to help you!

24 Sep 2010 10:48 #37 by JusSayin
Well Dr. Mike, this is just dandy. Someone out there called my wife and told her about my posts on 285bound. I didn’t deny it was me and now she’s all up in a tizzy…says I’m airing dirty laundry for all our neighbors to read. She’s threatening to come on here and post ‘her side of the story’. If she does that y’all better fasten your seat belts for some real whoppers! She does exaggerate though.

Knowing her as I do, I expect she’ll try to humiliate me with some stories. I think I’ve been pretty straight and honest and open in what I done, but I do feel bad that I drug the baby into this. Even though he’s kind of the catalyst to the big problems I now face. I’ve given up trying to get answers or help from here. I’m a survivor and I’ll get through this somehow. But I am a little mad that somebody blew the whistle and now set a fire neath my wife. I fear her nasty side may come out for all you to see. And I’m more scared it won’t all be truthful, like me.

25 Sep 2010 17:45 #38 by DrMike
Here are some more tips to be aware of with a cheating spouse. If you suspect any of these sit down and talk with your spouse. Better to head off an affair then let it grow because of the fear of confrontation. Many couples will avoid conflict, you need to get to the heart of the matter. Open communication is very important in saving your marriage. Take time to talk about area's of your marriage that you want to improve.

20) He/she fairly suddenly stops having sex with you.

21) He/she suddenly wants more sex, more often.

22) Supposedly works a lot of overtime, but it never shows up on the pay stub.

23) Picks fights in order to stomp out of the house.

24) You find out by accident he or she took vacation day or personal time off from work - but supposedly worked on those days.

25) Shows a sudden interest in a different type of music.

26) Spouse's co-workers are uncomfortable in your presence.

27) Has a sudden preoccupation with his or her appearance.

28) Spends an excessive amount of time on the computer, especially after you have gone to bed.

29) He throws up a lot because he just ate at his mistress's house and had to eat the dinner you prepared when he got home.

30) Your spouse is away from home, either nights or on trips, more than previously.

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds