Conifer Park & Recreation District---What's The Story?

20 Apr 2011 18:13 #11 by Wily Fox aka Angela
We did the mail in ballot and we voted no. We moved to the sticks for a reason. We don't want property taxes to go up to support this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

21 Apr 2011 00:56 #12 by rguerette

Grady wrote: It's another attempt by a profit motivated group to establish a government entity with powers of eminent domain and to ask for new taxes, all for the benefit of a few.

Profit motivate? Get real.

21 Apr 2011 01:03 #13 by rguerette

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: We did the mail in ballot and we voted no. We moved to the sticks for a reason. We don't want property taxes to go up to support this.

Not about a vote for taxes now. Down the road, maybe.
I know a few TEA party-est (if that's a word) that are for this. I would consider myself a TEA partier (word ?), except I don't have/give my time to be involved...but I'm for this because I would still have a say in future votes on a tax.

21 Apr 2011 09:35 #14 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I know that, but I don't want to open the door to that. Once formed, one of the next things is to raise taxes. So many "off election" votes don't get the attention of local voters, so I say no

21 Apr 2011 09:48 #15 by Nobody that matters
I fail to see why someone would vote yes for the district and vote no for future taxes. Is anyone really gullible enough to think that a rec district with no tax money coming in could do anything of service for the community?

"Whatever you are, be a good one." ~ Abraham Lincoln

21 Apr 2011 14:11 #16 by Local_Historian

Nobody that matters wrote: I fail to see why someone would vote yes for the district and vote no for future taxes. Is anyone really gullible enough to think that a rec district with no tax money coming in could do anything of service for the community?

EXACTLY!!!!

And until the figures for adminstration and actual district turn around, I'll vote no on this one forever.

28 Apr 2011 22:30 #17 by NoNewTaxes

Local_Historian wrote:

Nobody that matters wrote: I fail to see why someone would vote yes for the district and vote no for future taxes. Is anyone really gullible enough to think that a rec district with no tax money coming in could do anything of service for the community?

EXACTLY!!!!

And until the figures for adminstration and actual district turn around, I'll vote no on this one forever.

Pinecam shutdown the rec district thread again. Let's getting going here.

I'll vote no regardless.

If they win and create their district, we will allow them to open the door and put a foot inside. Or we can keep the door shut while they bang, pound and rattle the door. The bang, pound, and rattle will never stop, but we can keep the door closed and lean against the door while the pro people try to force their way in. It's a struggle and it gets tiring, but the alternative is to let them in and take what they want.

BTW, I am on the record as vehemently opposing the distrct while running for the board. I will be the voice against taxes, mill levies, bonded indebtedness, eminent domain and other abuses of government power. I will fight FOR transparency. I have declared my intent to be a thorn in the rear end of the board. My platform will make me a thorn and they don't like it AT ALL. Just by running against their hand picked canidates I already AM a thorn.

Vote no on the district but just in case vote for me, Robert Baxter. Mr. NO!

29 Apr 2011 05:27 #18 by deltamrey
You get what you pay for - seems the district is a great move forward for a backward area. We are in a depression up here with few new people with the means to support the general retail population - the future of Conifer is not deer gutting and snow plowing.

01 May 2011 10:54 #19 by HEARTLESS
Wow, what a judgemental view of things here. Deer gutting and snow plowing. As an actual native, yes born in Colorado, it seems we have a new locust infestation showing its ulgy head. Much like the old "don't Californicate Colorado", you had a choice when you moved here. But rather than pick Evergreen or some other community that may meet your judgements, you moved here and want to make it something else. Your post clearly comfirms my reasons to vote NO on Tuesday. Thanks so much.

The silent majority will be silent no more.

01 May 2011 18:24 #20 by daisypusher

HEARTLESS wrote: Wow, what a judgemental view of things here. Deer gutting and snow plowing. As an actual native, yes born in Colorado, it seems we have a new locust infestation showing its ulgy head. Much like the old "don't Californicate Colorado", you had a choice when you moved here. But rather than pick Evergreen or some other community that may meet your judgements, you moved here and want to make it something else. Your post clearly comfirms my reasons to vote NO on Tuesday. Thanks so much.

:like: :yeahthat:

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds