Conifer Park & Recreation District---What's The Story?

01 May 2011 19:58 #21 by Stymie
This was just forwarded to me by someone I know. Unfortunately they have been brainwashed as well and said to vote yes. I removed the names of the people it was sent to because I don't think it's right to leave them on since they may not agree. I did leave *****'s name as her husband is running for the board. Not sure where the 19 votes came from. Perhaps she meant 19 percentage points. Can't wait until this is over!!!!!

Subject: Vote "YES"!!!! Tuesday for our community!!!!!!!
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 19:21:14 -0600

Hi all!

Just a reminder (while you're all scheduling your busy week ahead) - to make sure to set time aside to vote "YES!!!!" on this Tuesday (May 3rd) from 7:00 AM until 7:00 PM at West Jefferson Elementary for the forming of a Parks and Rec District here in Conifer. Please forward this reminder to everyone that you can think of in favor of this measure!

The opponents have spread many mistruths about this proposal. There are NO new taxes with this vote! This will not even mean a new rec center anytime soon. This vote is only to create Conifer's own Parks & Rec District and elect board members (should it pass). There are monies already available to us if we are able to become our own Park & Rec District. Any future proposals for mills would have to be voted on and approved by the public on a different ballot. This vote does NOT mean a tax increase!!!!

Again - if you are in support of Conifer having their own Park and Rec District - you will not want to vote for Robert Baxter. Mr. Baxter is adamantly opposed to Conifer having their very own district and has vowed to "be a thorn in the rear-end" of any board that is elected. All other candidates support a Rec Center for Conifer.

Please remember that we recently lost having a district a few years ago by only 19 votes! So yes, your vote is important! Please set time aside on Tuesday to vote "YES" and help us to build a better community!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 May 2011 20:02 #22 by daisypusher
Isn't the money available for "us" going 100% to the lawyers? That seems like it is one of the "many mistruths about this proposal". Or are the lawyers one of us?

01 May 2011 23:09 #23 by Local_Historian

HEARTLESS wrote: Wow, what a judgemental view of things here. Deer gutting and snow plowing. As an actual native, yes born in Colorado, it seems we have a new locust infestation showing its ulgy head. Much like the old "don't Californicate Colorado", you had a choice when you moved here. But rather than pick Evergreen or some other community that may meet your judgements, you moved here and want to make it something else. Your post clearly comfirms my reasons to vote NO on Tuesday. Thanks so much.

Oh well said.

02 May 2011 12:02 #24 by BearMtnHIB
The vote is tomorrow.

Create a new taxing district - or keep things the way they are now.

02 May 2011 12:19 #25 by HEARTLESS
Afta me dun guttin deer, me gonna plow sno, sharpin my onlee tooth and go vote NO!!!

The silent majority will be silent no more.

02 May 2011 12:29 #26 by BearMtnHIB
You mean you onlee toof!

02 May 2011 12:33 #27 by HEARTLESS
Sorry for the misspelling. :biggrin:

The silent majority will be silent no more.

02 May 2011 12:49 #28 by The Viking
OK, I will admit that I have been very busy and haven't followed this as close as I should have. If this passes, what is going to be the new mill levy? I have read there won't be one all the way up to a kind of high one. What is true?

02 May 2011 12:53 #29 by BearMtnHIB
They will start with no levy, expect a proposal for a mill levy immediately if it passes.

Just like the Evergreen rec district was formed to get a swimming pool- the reason for forming this special tax district will be forgotton quickly- and a whole new set of priorities will be adopted which will include tax increases.

02 May 2011 13:14 #30 by Stymie
Mill levy is on their service plan at least 30 times by my count. Looks like they are considering 2 mills the first time around. Here's a link http://www.focpr.org/index.htm So yes viking, there will be.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds