Prayers/Help Requested

10 Apr 2011 21:31 #1 by jf1acai
A friend of mine, Bill Lee, has been seriously injured in an accident - http://hardscrabbletimes.com/2011/04/09 ... your-help/

I will pass on more information as I get it, but in the mean time please keep him in your thoughts and prayers, and if you can help with the animals, or in any other way, please contact Brad Wann 303-906-2269

More information about Bill - http://www.laughingvalleyranch.com/

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 Apr 2011 11:40 #2 by TPP
Replied by TPP on topic Prayers/Help Requested
Prayers of comfort & healing sent.

11 Apr 2011 18:22 #3 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Prayers/Help Requested
JF1 your friend is also in the news.

Community helps 'Santa' with his animals

http://www.9news.com/news/article/19293 ... s-animals-

IDAHO SPRINGS - He's best known as "Santa Claus" - stepping in for Saint Nick everywhere from the Cherry Creek Shopping Center to Broncos and Avalanche parties and parades and fairs throughout the state for decades.

But on Friday, while Bill Lee was tending to one of his horses, his trailer rolled on top of him, crushing his sternum and lungs and breaking all of his ribs.

Let us know if we can help.

11 Apr 2011 18:32 #4 by Obam me
Replied by Obam me on topic Prayers/Help Requested

please keep him in your thoughts and prayers

You got it!

11 Apr 2011 18:46 #5 by HappyCamper
Replied by HappyCamper on topic Prayers/Help Requested
Could you maybe tell us what kind of help the animals need?

11 Apr 2011 19:00 #6 by jf1acai
Replied by jf1acai on topic Prayers/Help Requested
That is a good article, thanks for posting it!

Bill is one of the most wonderful people I have ever known.

Details are still being worked out for the many animals on the ranch, and as I get more information I will pass it along. The best source for information as to how to help Bill and Carol and the animals that I know of at this time is Brad Wann 303-906-2269.

Many thanks for the prayers, and please keep them coming. Bill, as tough and self-reliant as he is, needs all the help he can get, and so does his family at this very difficult time.

Something the article doesn't mention is that Bill is a long time burro racer, and has helped many others to get involved and enjoy the sport. He is the current President of the Western Pack Burro Ass-ociaton - http://www.packburroracing.com/ . It is thru burro racing that I got the opportunity to know him. Anyone who has watched the Fairplay or Leadville Burro Races in many years has seen Bill in action.

Bill has always been there to help anyone he could, now he needs our help in return.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

11 Apr 2011 19:34 #7 by jf1acai
Donations can now be made thru http://www.laughingvalleyranch.com/ .

11 Apr 2011 20:35 #8 by CC
Replied by CC on topic Prayers/Help Requested
From JF's link

My friend and fellow pack-burro racer Bill Lee had a bad accident Friday and is in intensive care in Denver. Please send positive vibes and prayers for his recovery. Also, his wife Carol is in great need of help with their ranch animals — burros, reindeer, horses, llamas, goats, cows.

If you can help out with any funds for feed, please send a check to Carol Lee, Laughing Valley Ranch, P. O. Box 1810, Idaho Springs, CO 80452.

A gift of just $5 from each Hardscrabble Times reader would buy many bales of hay for the animals at Bill and Carol’s Laughing Valley Ranch.

If you can board an animal please contact me through comments.

Bill is the Denver Mall “Santa Claus” each holiday season and he’s also president of the Western Pack-Burro Association. Many also know Bill as “Redtail the Mountain Man.”

I bought Spike from Bill back in the mid-90s and won four World Championship Pack-Burro Races at Fairplay and several other races with this burro.

If anyone would like to talk directly to me as I am one of many handling the affairs at the ranch please feel free to contact me. 303-906-2269 Brad Wann.
Thank you so much Hal, this is a great help in Bill and Carol’s time of need.

Prayers heading up JF

13 Apr 2011 19:17 #9 by jf1acai
The latest information I have is that Bill was able to breath without the respirator for about an hour today, so improvement.

Please keep Bill and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

13 Apr 2011 20:11 #10 by CinnamonGirl
Replied by CinnamonGirl on topic Prayers/Help Requested
I hope he gets better soon.

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds