Mars men and Venus Women

20 May 2010 09:05 #11 by Robynabc
Replied by Robynabc on topic Mars men and Venus Women
Rockdoc and I think way too much.

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

20 May 2010 09:12 #12 by Rockdoc
Replied by Rockdoc on topic Mars men and Venus Women
No Robynabc. That is not my perception. Not too much, just enough, but perhaps more than most want to entertain.

"There are so many nuances but what first comes to mind? culture, media and family pasts have alot to do with it. And no not everyone has the same drive to do it a different way. Do you know how many people just end up like their parents? Because they don't challenge their past and family ideas. Those messages are automatic and it takes work to get past them."

I'd love to have you elaborate on how you think culture plays into the drive for a good relationship. I can come up with reasons related to media and family past.

I find your statement about messages not automatic most interesting. If it takes work to get past them what drives some to get past them?

I've a few things I need to take care of right now and need to take a break. Perhaps the Viking or others can offer some additional insights or questions for consideration? The more perspectives the better the discussion.

20 May 2010 09:14 #13 by Robynabc
Replied by Robynabc on topic Mars men and Venus Women
Agreed Rockdoc we can pick up later. I would like to hear some other perspectives.

"I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m out of control, and at times hard to handle.
But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best."
. Marilyn Monroe

21 May 2010 03:20 #14 by Rockdoc
It does not seem anyone else is willing to wade in here and provide their perspective. This is most unfortunate, but it makes me wonder why that should be? I at least expect some other women to hop in and contribute based on my perception communication issues are dear to them. Given the Viking's and even your own comment, I now wonder if most come to forums for light-hearted socialization? Thinking and exploring insights is left to others or to times when one's environment demands it. Perhaps you are right, our yearning to think and explore sets us apart? Surely this is not true? Common everyone, I know you have thoughts and opinions on this topic and no one here will bite you head off. Quite to the contrary. Let's hear from you. Meanwhile.....picking up where we left off. Before I do that an observation here that just now caught my insight.

Why is it that you said "Rockdoc and I think way too much? With this statement I perceive you apologizing for being who you are. You enjoy pushing boundaries, searching for the common thread of understanding and have no reason to mitigate that desire. Remain confident, make no apologies for who you are.

I find your statement about

messages not automatic

most interesting. If it takes work to get past them what drives some to get past them? Is it a drive or simply part of the thought process? Some are intrepid explorers going where few dare to go and revel in the discoveries and heart-pounding challenges. Here is some information for you to ponder with regard to high conceptual thinkers. This from http://eideneurolearningblog.blogspot.c ... ptual.html

Their interests are often quite broad, but what really gets them going is discovering something new, seeing something familiar from a unfamiliar viewpoint, or applying something conventional to an unconventional use...... HCTs prefer novelty (this is how they develop new conceptual categories) and are tickled by unconventional viewpoints or discoveries

I sure relate to this and it is the essence of what sets me apart in my profession. Also note the the plea above for participation and your own encouragement for others to join. Novelty, unconventional view points, discoveries, etc are what we seek. I digress, but perhaps this bears on "breaking the mold"?

Ok. I'm jacked now. I'm learning something about myself through the link above. I sure can identify with what they are writing. Now I'm off to explore thinking and how that may help us with parenting.

24 May 2010 07:28 #15 by Sunshine Girl
"It does not seem anyone else is willing to wade in here and provide their perspective. This is most unfortunate, but it makes me wonder why that should be? I at least expect some other women to hop in and contribute based on my perception communication issues are dear to them. Given the Viking's and even your own comment, I now wonder if most come to forums for light-hearted socialization? Thinking and exploring insights is left to others or to times when one's environment demands it. Perhaps you are right, our yearning to think and explore sets us apart? Surely this is not true?" Really? lol Is that what you think of all the rest of us because we didn't participate in this thread? That's silly to me and kind of degrading to the rest of us IMO.

Ok, I'll wade in here for just a bit. I can only answer for myself as to why I haven't joined your discussion. For me it is because I have already spent years exploring the differences between men and women. This subject is nothing new to me. It is interesting to watch you both explore the issue and discuss. Been there, done that. Perhaps more than most people due to my work. I'm glad you both are enjoying it and having a good time. It seems perhaps personal revelations are being made and that's wonderful for you. But like I've said, been there and done that a long time ago.

The reason Steve's post was so funny to me is because it was so true. Do I need to discuss each line? Nope. I just took it all in and had a good time with it. There are many different forums on here with some great topics in them. I hardly believe because someone didn't have input into yours that they are not thinkers though. I think were all thinkers. If I don't join a thread in the pet center as interesting as it might be certainly doesn't mean I'm not a thinker. I happen to know that I'm very quick, smart, and talented. Currently my "deep thinking" has revolved around handling Franz's issues regarding the divorce and house removal. Which trust me has been quite stressful itself and is still demanding much of my time. I've been handling the refi for 5 months now and am busier than ever at it. Deep level thinking and strategizing almost every day. Not to mention his ongoing legal issues with his ex that I also handle daily. My three kids and their school work keep me a bit busy as well. I do enjoy many of the topics here also. I don't have the tendency to go on and on about any topic though. I feel no need to toot my own horn. My "deeper level thinking" right now is kind of taken up by important issues at hand. :biggrin: :wink:

Hopefully this will give you a bit of insight of why others don't jump in here. It's not that they don't care about this subject, or are not "thinkers" at the high standard of the two of you, but perhaps they already have thought of this subject a lot already and have evolved, or perhaps they are busy. Who knows. Not everyone has to participate in every thread.

I am always open to relationship building as that would interest me. Always something to be learned there. And yes Franz, I have already heard much of the lessons you've learned through past relationships and I'm glad your able to have a venue to share your experiences and insights with others. This is a fun topic that you both seem to be enjoying. Have fun I say! :sunshine:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

24 May 2010 08:41 #16 by Rockdoc
Written communication is soooo difficult. Just when you think you have said something well, someone's response makes you realize you have failed.

First and foremost Sunshine, no one said anything about others not being thinkers or critical thinkers, etc. Instead, the statement was aimed at what you alluded to, many may be here not to deal with these kinds of issues or simply have other interests. As to been there and done that, so have I, but I like to keep turning things over because there is always a new perspective or nuances to be gained. That is just me. Like others find political discussions fun and I do not, the same may apply to them, they simply do not care to devote energy or maybe don't have interest in this subject matter. I'm well aware.

So if someone was offended by the thinking comment, you have my apologies. It certainly was not intended that way.

24 May 2010 08:44 #17 by Sunshine Girl
I found people's "perspectives" on themselves and others to be the most insightful thing about the entire thread.

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

24 May 2010 08:50 #18 by Rockdoc
In what way specifically?

25 May 2010 21:00 #19 by Sunshine Girl
Love you silly boy! lol :sunshine: :biggrin: :heart: :thumbsup: :wave: :woo hoo: :Koolaid: :heart: :peace: :Singing: :kitty: :love: :smiledance:
:missyou: :Iloveu: :missyou: :Iloveu: :missyou: :Iloveu: :missyou: :Iloveu: :missyou: :Iloveu:

26 May 2010 00:30 #20 by Rockdoc
Oh that feeling is mutual. More later. :Iloveu: :missyou:

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds