IREA power outage possibilty in Conifer Area.

22 Apr 2011 16:23 #11 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I agree, if you want people to join in, then don't chastise them when they do. He is a valuable resource and I think one that is respected and valued by many, including me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2011 16:25 #12 by JMC
All information is good.

22 Apr 2011 16:28 #13 by mountaintoyparts
You obviously read both sites. (Like most people do)The poster said she talked to IREA. Are you seriously trying to tell someone what sites they can post on? Especially when they are trying to help us prepare for a power outage. I don't get it.

22 Apr 2011 16:34 - 11 Dec 2016 00:17 #14 by JMC
If IREA is owned by our co-op, of course they should get the info out that effects all it's members in the most efficient way possible. Emergency alert notifications, web sites that are all cross the board and every available news site. Do you disagree?

22 Apr 2011 16:39 #15 by CC
I am not saying he has not provided a service to pc. I believe he has. But...in using the IREA name as his nic....he had no right to attempt to tell anyone that they "should not" call to confirm information he posted as a supposed "official" source.
I believe he was asked to provide this info as "IREA MAN" as a community service and he declined and then went so far as to post the above after someone tried to confirm the information that was posted on pc by calling IREA.
He is free to post whatever he likes exclusively on any website he chooses.
I just don't think he should be using "our" power company name to do so.
JMO

22 Apr 2011 16:41 #16 by Wily Fox aka Angela
This is not a FORMAL IREA communication, nor has it ever been stated as such. It is an employee that cares enough about the community to report information when he has it. He's been very helpful in cases of power outages, giving us updates and estimates as things progress.

22 Apr 2011 16:45 #17 by Wily Fox aka Angela
becky, give it up.. this is NOT about you and your fight to be right. You want people to come here to find out information in times of emergencies? you want people to come here and post updates/news/insight when they have it? then climb down off your high horse before you chase everyone off. let it go and maybe offer an apology. that could help, maybe... but knock off these attacks... they are serving no good purpose.

22 Apr 2011 17:26 #18 by CC

You obviously read both sites. (Like most people do)The poster said she talked to IREA. Are you seriously trying to tell someone what sites they can post on? Especially when they are trying to help us prepare for a power outage. I don't get it.

Yes....today I read both sites. I saw some information that I thought might be important to the community as a whole.
I asked a person in a position of authority here to check the information out so that it could be passed on here.
Unlike pc, folks here like to confirm information before they post it.
This person called IREA and this gentleman actually said he would not provide that information to the public as a whole.
That pisses me off because information like that is important to the community as a whole. "IREA MAN" does not have a right to decide who gets the information and who does not. He also does not have a right to tell "ANYONE" who can call and who cannot.
If he wants to be a member of pc ....fine.....take the IREA of his nic and be a member and post what he wants. He is on the clock and how he handled this was wrong.
It probably would have ended with the phone call to IREA but the guy had to go on pc and tell people not to call because pc has some exclusive on IREA information that is important to everyone.
I am not trying to start a fight...I am just not gonna run from this one.

22 Apr 2011 17:29 #19 by CC

becky, give it up.. this is NOT about you and your fight to be right. You want people to come here to find out information in times of emergencies? you want people to come here and post updates/news/insight when they have it? then climb down off your high horse before you chase everyone off. let it go and maybe offer an apology. that could help, maybe... but knock off these attacks... they are serving no good purpose.

The point of this is that he did not post it here....... he wouldn't have been a problem if he had.

22 Apr 2011 18:36 #20 by MyMountainTown
Just an update straight from IREA, there is no danger of an outage now.

Proudly serving mountain Jeffco, Clear Creek & Park County!
You can also find & connect with us on:
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedIn

720-608-0285

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds