IREA power outage possibilty in Conifer Area.

23 Apr 2011 14:16 #31 by IREA MAN
Alright already, thats enough. I have joined this site and want to set a few things straight.
1. The only reason I did not post on 285B is time. I do not have the time to post and answer all the questions on 2 sites and run my part of the office when faced with a potential outage of 15,000 customers.
2. The reason I asked to refrain from calling in was we were getting overrun with phone calls asking to confirm what I already posted on PC.
3. If the Line Superintendent (me) puts something on a site to let people know whats going on, why don't people believe it?
4. I started posting during one of the big storms and believed I was doing some good and many people liked and appreciated it. Upper management liked it too.
5. I do not get into the political stuff and issues spoken about (here and there) and have no loyalty to any one site. I only wanted to do what I have done for a few years and that is keep people informed about their electricity on the mountain.
6. Am I now going to be expected to join Evergreenbound.com? I did not know they existed until this morning. Where does it end?
7. If this turns ugly I will stop posting all together and customers will have to go to IREA's site to get the information. I will not jeopardize my job over this!
8. I will do my best to keep members posted on these two sites when I have the time but everything will be bounced off of upper management before being posted ANYWHERE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

23 Apr 2011 14:38 #32 by ScottB
Thanks for your efforts to provide information IREA man. I, for one, much appreciate it. I don't think the IREA website provides very timely or complete information so I rarely go to it.

You are a great resource and I hope you continue to provide information as soon as you get it.

I had one question. I had learned that our cooperative was close to feeding power to the Conifer area from two directions so if the main Excel line through Tiny Town went down power could be fed from another direction so our entire area would not be without power. Do you know if this is going to happen?

Again thanks for your efforts.

23 Apr 2011 14:43 #33 by IREA MAN
That project will happen eventially but it will be some time.

23 Apr 2011 15:11 #34 by CC
IREA MAN

Thank you for taking a moment to come here and post your response.
I appreciate what you do each day and I realize that you are just trying to help.
From my point of view....you mis-worded your request which left it up for a lot of interpretation.
My apologies for my unkind words.
I hope you will remain here to post info.
Many members of the community are not affiliated with pc and the information you provide is important.
Once again....my apologies and thanks.

23 Apr 2011 15:24 #35 by IREA MAN
I accept your apology and will choose words more carefully in the future.

23 Apr 2011 15:34 #36 by CC
Have a nice quiet Easter.

23 Apr 2011 15:37 #37 by IREA MAN

23 Apr 2011 18:48 #38 by kresspin
Thanks for all you do to keep everyone informed IREA MAN. So sorry you had to defend what you've been doing to keep people informed.

23 Apr 2011 18:57 #39 by chickaree
I add my thanks. I'd hate to think that something as inane as a board war could jeopardize someones job. It's good of you to take your valuable time to keep us informed. Many of us appreciate this.

23 Apr 2011 20:48 #40 by Sunshine Girl
I miss your posts IREA MAN. Hope to see you on here from time to time. Thanks for all you do! :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

Time to create page: 0.161 seconds