IREA power outage possibilty in Conifer Area.

22 Apr 2011 19:55 #21 by Wily Fox aka Angela
just as IREAMAN stated hours ago...

sorry, I am grumpy.. I claim WINDANXIOUSOSIS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

22 Apr 2011 20:10 #22 by Sunshine Girl
Maybe I am totally confused but in the last few days my 'take' from reading some posts is that there are a couple of people, businesses, or people who 'represent' some businesses that won't post on here. Is it out of some sick sense of loyalty? It is hard for me to fathom that maybe with the exception of an individual. The two that I'm referring to are IMHS and IREAMAN. I might be wrong and please correct me if I am because I find that very sad.

I respect IMHS and I just loved IREAMAN and his posts when I was a member there. I would have to think that the person now in charge of IMHS feels that way and the same for IREAMAN. I hope if this is true they eventually have a change of heart as it is a poor reflection on them.

And IF someone from PC is pressuring them to give them their 'loyalty' then I would hope they would see that as a poor reflection on PC and have the balls to stand up and due what is best for ALL the members in our community. Again, I'm not making any accusation that PC is behind this, but it just seems weird to me. Am I the only one that sees that as rather juvenile?

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

22 Apr 2011 20:45 #23 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I know for me, it's a matter of time. I post on Pinecam, 285bound, and Evergreenbound in matters of lost critters and information that I have received for clinics (spay/neuter/vaccinations) from Jeffco Animal control. It is kind of a pain to do, with having 3 log ons and 3 posts to create and only the "bound" sites use the same font style descriptors. If I want to bold/increase/decrease font size or color, I have to use different formats.
So, I would think that someone quickly posting from their work like IREAMAN would most likely not have the time to do this. He is simply trying to do the right thing in the most effective way he can. The good news is there are many that read both sites, so these things can be shared when deemed appropriate.
In the case of IMHS, they do seem to have a long standing relationship with Pinecam, so there may be some "contractual" issues.
So I think it is more innocent than deliberate, SG.

22 Apr 2011 21:20 #24 by CC
Angela....I would like to think it was an innocent situation but in fact it was not.

This sites only sin was calling to ask for confirmation of the information and a pleasant invitation to someone to provide that information at all sites.
It was the response to the admins here and resulting post on pc by IREA Man that ruffled feathers.
It is sad that people still attempt to divide this community and cause damage whether it is intentional or unintentional by such childish behavior. SG. I agree with you 100%
I would sure like to here about those "contractual" issues with IMHS given the fact that they are a community service and a non profit.
I personally...will only donate to EAPL until these issues have been straightened out with our local agency.

I will call my local electrical coop anytime I choose for any reason.

22 Apr 2011 22:34 #25 by Sunshine Girl
In either case I sure hope to see both of them over here as I value both of them in this community. :heart:

" I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. " Mae West

23 Apr 2011 05:24 #26 by deltamrey
Sunshine,

PC is in a very defensive mode since 285B appeared on the scent - and with some effort they will be out of business in the next year or so. ANY closed entity in our open internet world is headed for failure. A complete housecleaning there is a first step to return to our open free world of communication.

We here are obviously got them "on the run".

23 Apr 2011 08:48 #27 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I value both sites for different reasons. There is room for both. It doesn't have to be an "us or them" or "in or out" or "black or white" situation. Each forum site has it's own rules and moderation, we can pick the one(s) that fit our communication style the best and that is just how it is. oh, and Becky, it looks like you're still fighting to be right. and "this site's only sin" in my opinion, is YOUR continuous argument as to how YOU are in the right. so much for "running from this one". I think I'll check out of 285bound for a while as it is getting on my last nerve.

23 Apr 2011 09:07 #28 by Sunshine Girl

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: I value both sites for different reasons. There is room for both. It doesn't have to be an "us or them" or "in or out" or "black or white" situation. Each forum site has it's own rules and moderation, we can pick the one(s) that fit our communication style the best and that is just how it is. oh, and Becky, it looks like you're still fighting to be right. and "this site's only sin" in my opinion, is YOUR continuous argument as to how YOU are in the right. so much for "running from this one". I think I'll check out of 285bound for a while as it is getting on my last nerve.

OR......we can all get together at your house for a hot tub party! :biggrin:

23 Apr 2011 09:12 #29 by Sunshine Girl

deltamrey wrote: Sunshine,

PC is in a very defensive mode since 285B appeared on the scent - and with some effort they will be out of business in the next year or so. ANY closed entity in our open internet world is headed for failure. A complete housecleaning there is a first step to return to our open free world of communication.

We here are obviously got them "on the run".

I think it is changing, but I don't know if it going to go away. I think they've always been very defensive, but when 285Bound came along that sure intensified. Housecleaning has been suggested before (many times as I'm sure you already knew), but that will never happen. I guess how it is works for the ones who are still there. It is not for me though. This wonderful site has been here almost a year and, if I'm correct, has never banned one member, sanitized one thread, removed any posts, or locked any threads. I might be wrong here to some degree because I think there were issues with one poster, but I think that is still pretty amazing.

23 Apr 2011 10:35 #30 by CC
SG....I don't think anything will be changing soon at pos.

Just wanted to preserve this other post for those who wonder what IREA Man's intentions were.....

IREA MAN
Posts Semi-Regularly
Posts Semi-Regularly

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
Good deal, can we close this thread? (to stop the calls)

What an *ss. This is how our coop is represented.

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds