**CDOT**Paving Turkey Creek Canyon-Important ALERT 6-10-11

01 Jun 2011 09:28 #11 by Wily Fox aka Angela

BearMtnHIB wrote: Today I'm taking Deer Creek Canyon home.

sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jun 2011 09:31 #12 by Wily Fox aka Angela
they are also paving Bear Creek Road (74) in case you are thinking about taking that road up. The sign only had 5/31 date on it, so maybe it was only yesterday? anyway, heads up

01 Jun 2011 09:37 #13 by BearMtnHIB

they are also paving Bear Creek Road (74) in case you are thinking about taking that road up. The sign only had 5/31 date on it, so maybe it was only yesterday? anyway, heads up

Yes I know about the paving on 74- got stuck in that too yesterday!

I wanna know why they can't do most of this work at night? I'll be complaining to CDOT today.

01 Jun 2011 09:40 #14 by Wily Fox aka Angela
I remember in hot places like FL, they seemed to ONLY do work at night - too damn hot to do it during the day. I would expect that the costs would double to move crews and use those giant lights for night time work

01 Jun 2011 09:44 #15 by TPP

Wily Fox aka Angela wrote: I remember in hot places like FL, they seemed to ONLY do work at night - too damn hot to do it during the day. I would expect that the costs would double to move crews and use those giant lights for night time work

Then the Fly over at Santa Fe, must be costing BILLIONS!!! But it was part of the stimulus package...so it's ok I guess...

01 Jun 2011 09:56 #16 by BearMtnHIB
Just got off the phone with CDOT- this is the SAME company that caused all the problems last fall!

They say that they fined the company the maximum fine yesterday. The guy I talked to said he would fire the company if he could.

Here's the numbers to call- The CDOT guy seems to be doing all he can- but the paving company needs to hear how much they SUCK!!

Steve Harelson
Resident Engineer
CDOT R1 Red Rock Residency
720-497-6913

These guys SUCK!! After causing all those problems last year- they are up to it again!
Lets all call them and let them know how much they suck, after all - they could be doing most of this at night.

Brannan Sand and Gravel Co.
303-534-1231

01 Jun 2011 10:01 #17 by ShilohLady
Email response from CDOT:

Concerned Traveler,

I certainly apologize for the inconvenience that you, and many other travelers, experienced yesterday. I will do everything in my power to prevent delays similar to yesterday evening from happening again. The contractor has been fined in accordance with the contract.

My sincere apologies,

Anthony Anderson

Project Engineer

01 Jun 2011 10:04 #18 by BearMtnHIB
ShilohLady can you post the CDOT e-mail address you used?

01 Jun 2011 10:13 #19 by Wily Fox aka Angela
don't be messin' with 285 commuters

01 Jun 2011 10:42 #20 by ShilohLady

BearMtnHIB wrote: ShilohLady can you post the CDOT e-mail address you used?

As stated previously, I had sent an email to the Public Affairs person who had responded to my complaint back in August. The response came from: .

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds