**CDOT**Paving Turkey Creek Canyon-Important ALERT 6-10-11

01 Jun 2011 11:49 #21 by Blue Columbine
btw, June 26, 2011 is a Sunday....not a Thursday. Are they talking about a different year??? :faint:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

01 Jun 2011 12:50 #22 by LOL

The contractor has been fined in accordance with the contract.

I wonder how the fine compares to any bonus they may receive (if any) by working longer hours and finishing early.

Doesn't sound fun to be a 285 commuter. Hampden from Kipling to Federal was bad all winter. But they did keep 4 lanes going (slowly) most of the time.

If you want to be, press one. If you want not to be, press 2

Republicans are red, democrats are blue, neither of them, gives a flip about you.

01 Jun 2011 16:04 #23 by RivendaleFarms
Any word on how 285 is this afternoon? I'm thinking of braving it at 5pm but if it's as bad as yesterday I'll go up 74. (Although I got caught in their paving activity yesterday as well.)

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

01 Jun 2011 16:15 #24 by cydl
We left early today due to a dentist appt. Took Morrison Rd. to Hwy 8 and then onto 285. The line was single file but moving well, and, wonder of wonders, they were in the process of removing the cones from the southbound lanes!

I should add that we got to 285 around 3:30 PM...

Seems like our love letters and calls made an impact!

01 Jun 2011 16:35 #25 by RivendaleFarms
Thanks for the update! I usually cut over through Morrison on 8, so I'll brave it today.

Update: around 4:30 a friend went through and said it was smooth sailing today. Sounds like all those calls yesterday had an impact!

Sally Ball, Broker Associate
Keller Williams Foothills Realty
P: 303-838-3000 C: 303-506-7405
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
rivendalefarmandranch.com/

01 Jun 2011 20:20 #26 by RenegadeCJ
Sorry to tell you the calls and complaints did nothing. The contractually agreed to fines do the trick quite nicely. The company, by contract, must have the cones up by a specified time, which they failed to do on tuesday. That took $$ out of the company's pocketbook (and in these days of slim margins, that was probably a big hit). They made sure that didn't happen again. I would suspect we've seen our last of delays for this project.

Too bad future generations aren't here to see all the great things we are spending their $$ on!!

01 Jun 2011 21:12 #27 by Hoot Owl
Interesting, the signs going downhill were 8:30 - 3:30, uphill were 7:00 - 4:00. But of course I only saw them when I was going in that direction. Oh Well, we get home, when we get home. No problem today.

02 Jun 2011 06:29 #28 by TPP
Wiffie said, single lane but moving... she came up about 1500, and said that they were picking up the cones, so I'll try today, But High Grade, was a hve nice relaxing drive. IT saddens me that the standing dead ruins the view, and with fire season coming up, it's pretty scary. NO FRICK'IN WAY will firefighters be able to stop that, if GOD forbid, it starts low in the valley.

EDITED to ADD:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43169056/from/ET/?beginSlide=1&gt1=43001

02 Jun 2011 08:29 #29 by Photo-fish
So glad to live AND work up here now.
Many sympathies for you commuters.

´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`´¯`•...¸><((((º>´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•´¯`•...¸><((((º> ´¯`•.. ><((((º>`•.´¯`•...¸><((((º>

02 Jun 2011 12:31 #30 by BearMtnHIB

Sorry to tell you the calls and complaints did nothing. The contractually agreed to fines do the trick quite nicely.

I'll have to disagree with this one.

First- the contractually agreed to fines did NOT do the trick quite nicely on Tuesday. I sat out there in the heat for 45 minutes, and my car was starting to overheat. I could see the traffic backed up on 470 for miles.

Second- I called the CDOT guy yesterday morning- he told me that his opinion was that the company made an economic decision to keep working on Tuesday. What they did not expect, was the consequence of their actions, namely backing up traffic and pissing off several thousand people.

He told me that he had been receiving calls all morning wednesday, and that he was personally going to be out on the site directly involved when it was time to shut down. My impression was that our complaint was heard - and CDOT was going to do "everything possible" to avoid a repeat.

And I took him at his word.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds