2011 2nd Annual 285bound Family Picnic/ 8/20/11/ Saturday

19 Aug 2011 20:44 #141 by ScienceChic

TPP wrote: Sometimes!!!! (Wayne in the Pro!)

SC, think one of your kiddo's may puppysit, while I'm throwing shoes???
May even be a nice shiny nickel in it for them..... LOLOL

Just saw this - remember those old westerns with the scene where the horse is dragging the flailing guy behind on the ground? I picture Karly doing that with my light-weights! rofllol Sure, they can, just bring a toy they can throw for her to fetch and keep her occupied! They had a blast doing that with Jonathan Hemlock's pooch last time we were at his house!

(Oh, and my son's a lot more expensive and my daughter isn't afraid to tell you you're cheap!) rofllol

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

19 Aug 2011 20:55 #142 by Wayne Harrison

pacamom wrote:

WayneH wrote: MsMam and I are bringing two Wild Mushroom and Crab quiches.

Will that be the red and white mushrooms or the nice brown mushrooms?

A selection of edible wild mushrooms will be in the quiche, including:

Boletus edulis
Leccinum aurantiacum
Hydnum imbricatum
and a few nice Agaricus (relative of Portobella)

No red and white ones.

19 Aug 2011 20:56 #143 by jf1acai

I though you were strapping CG on top?

Do you need any more rope? I think I have plenty, and would be glad to provide it for the cause :wink:

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again - Jeanne Pincha-Tulley

Comprehensive is Latin for there is lots of bad stuff in it - Trey Gowdy

19 Aug 2011 21:34 #144 by CC
I am sensing a festive mood brewing here. Everything is ready. We just need the weather to cooperate and we are good to go. Plenty of shelter.....even if it does rain.
A special shout out to Shirley Septic for the gracious donation of a porta toilet. Those guys are awesome. Such a great sense of community.
I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow.

19 Aug 2011 22:10 #145 by ScienceChic
Almost forgot: Coffee Shack is having their Grand Re-Opening tomorrow as well! Free hot dogs and small ice creams, face painting for the kids, and more! Stop by on your way to or from the picnic - they are located almost directly across from where 43 and 285 meet!

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href=" 285bound.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=151&t=13599 " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=151&t=13599<!-- l -->

"Now, more than ever, the illusions of division threaten our very existence. We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another as if we were one single tribe.” -King T'Challa, Black Panther

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it. ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is. ~Winston Churchill

19 Aug 2011 22:33 #146 by pineinthegrass
We have guests visiting and weren't certain about the picnic (though I voted yes some time ago). But they got stuck with thunderstorms on the east coast and are now in Chicago, having missed their connection. So it's looking like we can make it too.

19 Aug 2011 22:34 #147 by CC
Yeah!...Can't wait to see you guys.

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds